Sign in to follow this  
shuidefangshi

Hello bums. I just joined up today. I am friends with Yoda. Not the real one but the one in this group...although he may be the real one, I can't say for sure. It seems that every year at this time I start thinking about Tao and exploring it more. My father, who is into Eastern religions, got me a copy of the Tao Te Ching a few years ago and I have wandered through but never tried really hard to get into things. I've wanted to start Tai Chi for a couple of years and have never followed through. I'd like to learn to meditate, but haven't really tried. I am thinking that the reason I signed up for this forum is because I am now ready to start to pursue some of this.

I was raised an atheist, converted to Judaism and consider myself above all other belief systems an anthropologist. That means I am not particularly religious in any specific sense but am very open to spirituality and see spirituality as relative. I am an archaeologist and I study Native American cultures past and present. I feel like I've been tugged in the Tao direction for years and I just want to see what Tao holds for me.

I went to the font of all knowledge--Google--and found a Mandarin translator to help me create my user name. It is supposed to mean The Way of the Water. It is a play on Tao and my favorite Tao-inspired advice: Don't struggle against the waterfall, become the water.

This forum stuff is all new to me, so I'm likely to wander about quietly for a while before you hear a lot out of me.

Edited by shuidefangshi

Welcome along Mr Water, good to have such a learned chap along, I would love to hear about your Native American experiences and insights.

Grab yourself a seat, how do you like your tea?

:D

Welcome along Mr Water, good to have such a learned chap along, I would love to hear about your Native American experiences and insights.

Grab yourself a seat, how do you like your tea?

:D

Thanks! I like my tea green and hot.

Crud... an anthropologist.... now us BS'ers are going to have to watch ourselves! Welcome to da Bums. :)

You've got nothing to worry about. I don't know a damn thing about anything that you all talk about. Even if I did, that doesn't mean I would have tried to live it...and that is what you guys do and at some level that is what I am exploring. I've got lots to learn and it looks like the Bums have lots to show me. Thanks for the welcome.

Sign in to follow this