Sign in to follow this  
DustWalker

Yijing Resources!

There are so many sites out there on the Book of Changes and associated material it is hard to know what's good and what's not. And most of them are very rarely going in-depth on the subject.

If you are serious about Yijing (I Ching) I think these sites are excellent startingpoints..

J. S. Marshall's Yijing Dao at Biroco's site.

And Bradford Hatchers amazing work at Hermetica Where he freely gives away what looks like decades of personal studies and research neatly collected in 7 or 8 huge pdfs.

Here you have his own favourite translation, including a proper matrix translation giving you every possible english meaning of each individual chinese character, so now you can decide for yourself what each line means. If that's not enough he also got an equally nice and thoroughly extensive translation of Daodejing there.

This alone should be enough for a couple of months of study - let alone years if you go deep and really explore the techniques and the theories.

Enjoy! :)

How do you read it with yarrow stalks?

6418[/snapback]

get "the complete idiot's guide to the ijing" and the author explains it. in china most foruntetellers don't use yarrow stalks anymore, just flat sticks with red tips painted on them. i think its the same technique though. yarrow's hard to comeby these days. you need 64 stalks if i remember correctly.

yarrow's hard to comeby these days.

You mean in China, right?

I cannot stop its overtaking in my backyard amoung the sage...seems like they're cosmic growers when planted close together...

*scratches head*

I'd send it's rhizome/roots to anyone who was interested...but not sure how it would travel, really.

Sign in to follow this