Spirit Ape

Luk Yum Shen Gong

No r.w smith I would never make a blanket statement such as that. I am only saying while the skill of the practitioner is impressive I am not sufficiently impressed to believe this is mystical rather than a mundane ability based on these videos. I suppose it could be a mystical experience if you want it to be, similar to walking on hot coals.

I find these demonstrations to be interesting in more ways than one. I think the demonstration is interesting in itself. I think many of us have been cut with dull knifes, paper and blades of grass to know that even a dull knife can cut sometimes. So even if you don't believe that the knife is sharp, it takes guts to be on the receiving end of the blade. It's like getting an apple shot above your head by an expert marksmen shooting from a handgun from 100 meters away. One wrong tremble of the hand and your head explodes instead of the apple, so it's impressive no matter how you slice it, trick or no trick. And then there is the video with the razor blade. No one said anything about that.

But the reaction to these videos is perhaps even more interesting than the videos themselves. There was much fear and revulsion. These videos do not agree with many people's world views. People want the laws of physics to work, and anything that shows the laws of physics are just mind suggestions is going to be vehemently and emotionally opposed by the so-called "rational" people.

My personal opinion is that work like this has a place in spiritual practice. The goal is not to save a few coins! The goal here is to know thyself and to challenge one's own assumptions about reality. If you've already flown to the island many times and you are bored, sure, go ahead and pay the coins to the boatman to take you across the lake. On the other hand, if you are not sure that you can fly, or if you simply enjoy flying more, go ahead and fly to the lake.

I walk to work every day, although I could drive or take a bus. No one will tell me I am saving a few coins, will they? I just enjoy walking. But if I would fly to work, many people would get very upset, because they just don't like people flying, but instead of saying, "I am scared of people flying and don't want this in my reality", which would be an acknowledgment of an internal weakness, they say, "Are you greedy or what? Just pay for the bus". Of course they don't say that to someone who walks and also doesn't pay for the bus, or someone who just swims across the lake. Then they say, "Very good sir, your life style is very healthy and down to earth!"

Edited by goldisheavy

Video links dont work.

Is Lu Yam some new neo-Daoist sect?

What are exact relationship to Mao Shan Pai and Liu Ren Pai?

I think problem is that there ate 2 Mao Shan schools.One is real old school known as Shang Qing Pai (nor part of Zheng Yi) and other is Southern Mao Shan Pai which is later creation.

I belive such powers are posible to gain by cultivation or using talismans in ritual magic.

For video I cant have opinion because I didnt see them.

Ormus