hyok

The era of secrets seems to be over...

I'd say,

because they recently discovered LSD and mushrooms were brought back from the mountains.

I think that played a massive role in the general, public consciousness expansion. after that people started researching.

my 2 cents.

I'll tell you the most profound secret that I ever learned:

"Thoughts are THINGS".

See, now I'm gonna have that gnawing at the corner of my brain until I fully grasp it. Good thing my mind seems to gotten a recent boost of clarity. So far I've only got "Thoughts are things in the sense that they are manifestations of personal energy through the ego". But that seems...incomplete. Grrr! :P

Why is it that after thousands of years of secretive esoteric arts and mystics that now is the time when it seems like a free for all? What is the significance of this time period that should allow all these secrets to suddenly be offered for teaching to the public at large?

I realize opinions will be theoretical, but i'm interested in reading the thoughts of the Taobums because I think it matters in the bigger picture.

I've heard theories ranging from preparing mankind for the Age of Aquarius (whatever that means), to 2012 Mayan calendar as well as ascendancy, to Alien vs Man warfare, to evolution of consciousness, etc etc.

What are your thoughts?

Actually, we don't know what information was shared 100, 500, or 5000 years ago. We only know what was written down, preserved and disseminated since that time. (Who do you imagine will be reading this message 500 years from now?)

Furthermore, by definition, we do not know what is still held in secret.

Or maybe you are right, and we have truly entered a New Age. That has surely never happened before! :)

John Chang's demonstrations, Tibetan yogis opening up to camera crews...

I've heard the reason has something to do with the spiritual maturation of the west and the more and more oppressive eastern governments as in India's government persecuting Tantra and China's oppression of Tibet, another center of Tantric practices.

I know the information age has something to do with the dissemination rate, but some of these things seem like they'd be wisely guarded from just anyone.