林愛偉

What is the Most Common Problem...

:)

Complete relaxation is when there is no energy debt within the body., physically. Mentally, :) no more outflows. What is an outflow? An outflow is the outcome of the causes we plant in the mind. Cause and effect, an outflow is the effect, and how we perceive it, it will be the next cause.

When in meditation, it takes practice to just not discriminate on the states; this is stillness, this is bliss, this is love, this is hell...lol, or even... where my dantian, which one is that? I'm not breathing now, my head is pulsing, mmy crown is expanding, third eye vibrating....etc... all of these things end the state we were on.

To keep the mind from pointing the finger, practice this:

When walking in the street, or sitting at home, when you look at something, look at it with unknowing eyes. Practice non-discrimination. When a car passes, and your organ of sight beholds it, listen for that voice that says, Car. Then work to recognize it, as well as other discriminating thoughts. After you are somewhat familiar with that voice, control it. When a car passes, or a beautiful girl walks by, etc, breathe in and out with concentration so strong that you have no other place for that thought of Car, or Girl, to pop up. Eventually, you will not be moved by either, and the method of breathing can be put down.

Peace,

Lin

Thank you Lin, Namaste

The biggest challenges to cultivation? One is external. The other internal.

Externally, so many of us are wrapped up in the work of the world. For me it is a demanding sales management position that requires heavy travel, very long days, operational problems and constant people related challenges. This results in stress and fatigue. And, if one is not careful, it becomes so easy to get wrapped up in it all, developing strong attachment to outcomes. Also, externally, we all have to deal with our personal situations in life, many of which are not easy.

Internally, "We have met the enemy, and he is us." We fall from the path of virtue. Over and over.

I suppose given the two above challenges, the frustration for me is, I feel what I do as cultivation practice is "necessary, but not sufficient." I am honestly not sure if I will ever rise above my current level. Still I practice.

That was a stream of consciousness. Hopefully it makes some sense.

The biggest challenges to cultivation? One is external. The other internal.

Externally, so many of us are wrapped up in the work of the world. For me it is a demanding sales management position that requires heavy travel, very long days, operational problems and constant people related challenges. This results in stress and fatigue. And, if one is not careful, it becomes so easy to get wrapped up in it all, developing strong attachment to outcomes. Also, externally, we all have to deal with our personal situations in life, many of which are not easy.

Internally, "We have met the enemy, and he is us." We fall from the path of virtue. Over and over.

I suppose given the two above challenges, the frustration for me is, I feel what I do as cultivation practice is "necessary, but not sufficient." I am honestly not sure if I will ever rise above my current level. Still I practice.

That was a stream of consciousness. Hopefully it makes some sense.

Internal affects external. External affects in internal. The both are one and the same. Live as though your internal body is external, and external body is internal. Then, live as though neither are internal or external.

What's so good about higher levels of cultivation? I haven't heard of any. Stay with your ability to be where you are. That is the highest level for your mind. Wherever anyone else gets to, may not be the most wholesome place...it may be something fun, but probably not for you.

:)

Thank you Lin, Namaste

Peace and Blessings