Apech

Spatial orientation - Egyptian Opening of the Mouth Ceremony

The thing is, there's Hermetics and Hermetics... but this is another story. Bardon quotes David-Neel not because he got practices from her, but because her books were much read in occult circles of his period, and he wants the reader to understand that they don't have to go to Tibet to get certain effects... on the rest of the Syncretistic ideas, it will have to wait. Certainly regular scholars see it that way! But these are the same scholars who used to believe there were no real Egyptian elements in the Corpus... NW

The thing is, there's Hermetics and Hermetics... but this is another story. Bardon quotes David-Neel not because he got practices from her, but because her books were much read in occult circles of his period, and he wants the reader to understand that they don't have to go to Tibet to get certain effects... on the rest of the Syncretistic ideas, it will have to wait. Certainly regular scholars see it that way! But these are the same scholars who used to believe there were no real Egyptian elements in the Corpus... NW

You see it as a pure tradition?

You see it as a pure tradition?

It depends if you are talking about the names used for things or about the things themselves, in a nutshell. Let's say it's certainly as pure as 'Taoism' is in my estimation... how pure that is, I'm not sure! NW

Apepch7, Neutralwire, and Thelerner, and everyone,

I need help with The Beatles correspondences.

George North

Paul East

Ringo South

John West

I'm not 100% on interpreting that Bardon diagram... did I get that right?

Thanks!!

Yoda

:lol:

George surely has to be East, no?.... John for West at first sight seems right, but on the others I will defer to my learned colleagues.

If we keep having conversations of this kind I'm going to have to grow a beard to stroke gravely.

~NeutralWire~

Neutralwire,

George and Ringo didn't have the motion that Paul and John had, so they make good axis dudes. George had more of a spiritual northstar presence in the band and dare I claim more of a downward flow than Ringo. I'd say G was least changed by his experience. Hence North. As a drummer, Ringo would have more of a solar vibe going on for a more south thing.

And what of deity correspondences?

John Osiris, Yoko Isis, Paul Horus, George Anubis, but Ringo???

Or do we just keep Yoko, Linda, keyboardist, maharishi, etc out of it? Hopefully I can go to the well one more time with Apepch7... I feel bad for how much we work him.

Hate to burst your bubble, but things aren't soooo simple are they??

:lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

Apepch7, Neutralwire, and Thelerner, and everyone,

I need help with The Beatles correspondences.

George North

Paul East

Ringo South

John West

I'm not 100% on interpreting that Bardon diagram... did I get that right?

Thanks!!

Yoda

If it helps I can give the following correspondencies:

North - George - Posh

East - John - Scary

West - Paul - Ginger

South - Ringo - Baby

I know I'm going out on a limb here but unfortunately there is no equivalent to the fifth Sporty.

Hate to burst your bubble, but things aren't soooo simple are they??

*sigh* they used to be... I admit it: I'm out of my depth.

I suggest:

East - Rachel Brice

South - Sharon Kihara

West - Zoe Jakes

North - Kami Liddle

... this makes me happy.

NW

Paul and Ginger in the West and John and Scary in the East??? Dang, I'm turned around!!

Watching the belly dancers made everything seem so simple again.

Weird.

Paul and Ginger in the West and John and Scary in the East??? Dang, I'm turned around!!

Watching the belly dancers made everything seem so simple again.

Weird.

Is it not written "and they shall dwell in a yellow submarine?" *nods wisely while others look puzzled*