Sign in to follow this  
sean

Palette-Uvula Nursing & Pituitary Exercise

From Ramon Sender's blog: http://www.raysender.com/blog-1.html

"Place the tongue behind the upper teeth comfortably, and then create a vacuum between the tongue and the palette and suck rhythmically, allowing the vacuum area to widen backwards towards the soft area and the uvula, that little fleshy thing hanging from the back of your throat. Sometimes I first become very still until I can feel my heartbeat in my chest, and then I suck in time with my heartbeat.

I think of the tongue as the uppermost petal of the petals of the heart flower.

I recently read that the pineal gland in the fetus forms not from brain tissue but from the soft palette tissue of the growing mouth. This is very interesting, because it suggests a connection between the two areas. Thus 'nursing' on the soft palette may give the pineal a long-distance massage -- or at least a 'message'.

A SMILE helps this one along too.

Don't try these while driving or operating dangerous equipment. These can be really powerful!

If you still need to be convinced that exercises of this sort work, here's a quickie pituitary massage: Hold the nostrils closed and do a series of 'tugs' (inhales) from the nasal cavity. This creates a vacuum in that area and moves the sphenoid bone behind the sphenoid sinus enough to vibrate the pituitary. This also gives the

stomach muscles a good work-out!

Approach both exercises with caution, especially if you have any medical condition. Don't overdo!"

Pretty interesting.

Sean.

Interesting YES, nut does it work for you? I get cramps from this sucking action... and his other technique...- if I just knew how to pronounce a French "R"... hmmmmmmm

Harry

Interesting YES, nut does it work for you? I get cramps from this sucking action... and his other technique...- if I just knew how to pronounce a French "R"... hmmmmmmm

Haven't gotten it to work for me yet. I think I may be doing it wrong. The closed nostril tugs are pleasant though.

Anyone else have luck w/ this technique?

Yudelove says that one of the most powerful practices he's discovered is Darth Vader breathing. They do that in Power and Ashtanga Yoga. He brings it up in a sex practice context, but it's a practice that, like snoring, does stimulate the upper palate.

I'm impressed so far, but still new to it.

-Yoda

Sign in to follow this