Sign in to follow this  
DaoWaDiddy

De-lurk

Well, I've finally decided that it's time to jump into the pool. I've been around for a while and know that the water is not too cold...

I started with Chi Kung in January of this year when my step-daughter (who got married this last weekend) gave me a DVD of Primordial Chi Kung. She said in the letter that she remembered watching me do Tai Chi in the back yard (many years ago) and thought that I would find it valuable.

I watched the DVD, was blown away, and learned the set. After reading the HT site, I decided to backfill my practice by methodically learning the basics and have been working 5 Animals/6 Healing Sounds/Inner Smile and Microcosmic Orbit with Primordial Chi Kung on special occasions.

I'm still making mud-pies, suspecting that some day I'll learn how to cook.

---

Back when I learned Tai Chi - before I set it slip away - one of my favorite times was Saturday morning. This is when most of my teacher's students would show up at the park on top of a hill in San Francisco for practice (Tai Chi, Shaolin long fist, some Hsing I, sword sets, and so forth depending on the student) and general hanging around. Part of the joy of it was the madly diverse group of slightly warped people who came to learn together, play together, and enjoy each other.

For me, Taobums has a lot of that same feel. It's not quite the same - I can't give you a hug - but I have already gotten much value out of you all. I'm looking forward to playing more.

All the best,

Charlie

Well, I've finally decided that it's time to jump into the pool.  I've been around for a while and know that the water is not too cold...

I started with Chi Kung in January of this year when my step-daughter (who got married this last weekend) gave me a DVD of Primordial Chi Kung.  She said in the letter that she remembered watching me do Tai Chi in the back yard (many years ago) and thought that I would find it valuable.

I watched the DVD, was blown away, and learned the set.  After reading the HT site, I decided to backfill my practice by methodically learning the basics and have been working 5 Animals/6 Healing Sounds/Inner Smile and Microcosmic Orbit with Primordial Chi Kung on special occasions.

I'm still making mud-pies, suspecting that some day I'll learn how to cook.

---

Back when I learned Tai Chi - before I set it slip away - one of my favorite times was Saturday morning.  This is when most of my teacher's students would show up at the park on top of a hill in San Francisco for practice (Tai Chi, Shaolin long fist, some Hsing I, sword sets, and so forth depending on the student) and general hanging around.  Part of the joy of it was the madly diverse group of slightly warped people who came to learn together, play together, and enjoy each other.

For me, Taobums has a lot of that same feel.  It's not quite the same - I can't give you a hug - but I have already gotten much value out of you all.  I'm looking forward to playing more.

All the best,

Charlie

5423[/snapback]

;)

Part of the joy of it was the madly diverse group of slightly warped people who came to learn together, play together, and enjoy each other.

5423[/snapback]

Welcome aboard! :D

Sign in to follow this