Sign in to follow this  
phore

internal martial arts and kunlun

hi

i have been practicing kunlun for 4 months by myself and have had good results (shaking and stuff)

i have started practicing aikido recently so i am learning how to use the unbendable arm and things like that

i have read "the taichi classics" so i know the way to convert chi to internal power is by using condensing breathing. (breathing chi into the bones) then causing it to vibrate rapidly.

i know that max practices ba gua (which is an internal art like tai chi)

i also know that kunlun energy isnt chi

(feel free to correct me if i am wrong about anything)

So my questions are

how do i use kunlun energy in martial arts like aikido.

should i just try projecting it like chi

is there a technique to convert kunlun energy into internal power like condensing breathing and vibrating it

also i was thinking of practicing ken kohens 1 finger zen healing qigong. would i be able to use this with kunlun nei gung

As a fellow K newbie, I'd say enjoy K and don't worry about doing or mixing anything with it and just be sensitive to the need to back off if K+MA gets to be too much.

let the various practises bleed into each other whilst you practise separately.

let the various practises bleed into each other whilst you practise separately.

do you mean to practice on different days or is it ok to practice one in the morning and one in the afternoon

Looking for that special blend of flavors yes? slow to fast, fast to slow. kiss. keep it simple... don't over complicate it, start w/ something like taichi and look for the commonalities instead of differences, differences only highly commonalities.

Edited by Spectrum

"how do i use kunlun energy in martial arts like aikido"

I've found that the sudden wave of energy that travels up my spine while doing the kunlun sitting nei gong can be transferred through the entire body when issuing force with some practice and can pretty much turn it on and off at will now.

But eventually I imagine that one would want that sudden surge (best word I can think of to describe the feeling of the dantien vibrating) to come instantaneously when one wants to execute a technique.

I've done a similar practice to the condensing breathing exercise that are in that book but there's more to it than Liao describes. Still what he wrote about won't hurt you. Just don't tighten your muscles too much or you could end up doing harm to yourself.

Good luck,

small John

Sign in to follow this