Sign in to follow this  
Yoda

Raw Chi

Micheal Winn has said that standing and sungazing, while very powerful, pull in a lot of raw chi that is very hard to digest.

Hearing that has got me thinking. Here's Chia saying the same thing:

From pp. 17-18 of Secrets of Love:

" The early sages observed the natural process of the raw chi of the universal elements--sun and earth, food and air--being transformed into ching, or sex energy, and in the male stored as sperm...

the Taoists believe that you can use any substance or force that exists in the universe to feed the process of cultivating your spirit, and thereby free yourself of th limitations of your animal body. Everything has energy in it, and human consciousness can absorb that energy if it so desires. But some substances are easier for the human body to change into a usable form than others. For example you can absorb the energy from eating a good hot meal more easily than you can by sitting on the beach under the sun--the solar energy is too raw and powerful to be easily digested by the body...

the major difference between food energy and sex is that sex energy b/c it has already been refined and produced inside the body, is much easier to digest or absorb than a raw substance like food. Food must be broken down and connected before it supplies useful energy. Sexual essence is already in a state of readiness that is linked within milliseconds to our hormonal and nervous system....

We spend an estimated 25-40% of our chi energy taken in through food, air, and sunlight just to manufacture this sperm energy. "

I find practices like standing and sungazing benefit by some sort of digestive practice like walking or running barefoot. I'm sure there are other very good digestive practices out there.

Otherwise, I get a irritable and restless if I overdose on standing or sungazing. In the past, I'd just blow my jing just to stay in balance--but that nets me zero in the long haul.

I have noticed that raw chi practices are a very bad idea to do during times of stress or difficulty. Lam Kam Chuen warns people not to stand if they are having emotional challenges and urges other activities like taking long walks and talking to friends. He implies that the energy of standing can make things worse. Importing raw power can amplify negative vibrations if they are present.

Thanks to Cam for helping me focus a bit more clearly on this subject.

-Yoda

i used to follow my standing practice with some kind of movement qigong to circulate and digest. 30 minutesw of standing and then 8 x-vessels or core channel practice.

Yodster,

You can bring the energy down and rejuvenate / fortify your jing chi - bring it to perenium and the sexual palace (or first and second centers) or just bring it down to your balls and feel em fill up with the potentiality. Or even better yet, just let your being respond to it, it knows how if you can get out of the way. Very powerful, I am not sure that it is necessary though for inner alchemy cultivation, unless one is lacking in this aspect. I also personally don't think that it makes sense to focus on sungazing, but as a side practice, when you notice it, have at it and bring it in. Just my two... actually in greatest K&L I believe they get into the relationship with the sun. The beauty of the process is that the Tao WILL come to you when you are ready, you do not actually obtain it. This might happen or might not happen with whatever practice or intention.

There is no question in my experience that fusion (I, II, III), practiced correctly, will stabilize emotions and "create" virtous / compassionate energy as well as prepare the body for higher intesity energy. Although I acknowledge many paths to the Source, if you are drawn to this Taoist / HT path, give it a go before branching out or giving up on it. There is a time and place for other studies and experiementation, but in the beggining or starting over it is, in general, wise to go with a comprehensive practice (that leads to enlightenment) than to jump around (of course there are always exceptions to the rule, I was not an exception but one that HT formulas were very helpful too and then after giving it all up, it came to me. But at that time, it was too intense and I desperately needed help, which came in the most miraculous way. Further (it never ends) it is just an unfathomable experience, zen rhen. To be a Real Person is what it is about though, to discover and unlock your potentiality, your true being, to die and be reborn while still alive, to experience the mystery directly for yourself.

Anyway, Yodster happy b-day!! I just turned 37 myself on May 15th.

Inner Peace!

Matt

Wang Zhanh Zhai was way ahead of you dude, Standing Meditation is only 1/2 of the practice .the other half is WALKING MEDITATION

Re read Ken's book..it's talks about walking after standing to circulate the qi..Wang reccoomended 10 minutes of walking after standing.

I have noticed that raw chi practices are a very bad idea to do during times of stress or difficulty. Lam Kam Chuen warns people not to stand if they are having emotional challenges and urges other activities like taking long walks and talking to friends. He implies that the energy of standing can make things worse. Importing raw power can amplify negative vibrations if they are present.

I agree... this happened to me with a prolonged standing-only practice. However at the time I didn't think I was having emotional challenges. I was doing exactly what I wanted to be doing in my life. The power from the practice felt wonderful at first, but what it did after several months was, amp up everything below the surface and have the effect of sticking a bunch of my (now screaming) personal demons right in my face! Woohoo!

But having gone through it, i'd have to say that even though it wasn't the most fun time in the world having my negative emotions amplified like that, and be COMPLETELY unprepared for the experience, and feel compelled to quit and (haha! try to) rebury them... i do not classify that experiment as a negative experience. I'm quite grateful it happened! But I can see why the warning... without tools to prepare you for what could happen, it can be unsettling.

"Everything has energy in it, and human consciousness can absorb that energy if it so desires. But some substances are easier for the human body to change into a usable form than others."

What do you all think about all the microwave energy that we're bombarding ourselves with (cell phones, wifi networks, etc.)? -- not to mention radio/tv waves we've been bombarding ourselves with for decades?

It strikes me that this should also be "digestible", though I'm not aware of anyone teaching how to do it.

Just wondering if anyone's given this any thought.

"Everything has energy in it, and human consciousness can absorb that energy if it so desires. But some substances are easier for the human body to change into a usable form than others."

What do you all think about all the microwave energy that we're bombarding ourselves with (cell phones, wifi networks, etc.)? -- not to mention radio/tv waves we've been bombarding ourselves with for decades? 

It strikes me that this should also be "digestible", though I'm not aware of anyone teaching how to do it.

Just wondering if anyone's given this any thought.

4034[/snapback]

I've wondered about that from time to time, is part of what I'm digesting in the fusion practices radiation that I've absorbed, and if I oughtta do those practices in the space around my ears to help negate potential cell phone radiation damage.

I did hear Michael Winn talk about doing rooting practice in a class once. Did it from the top floor (or the roof) of the WTC building in NYC a while back. Don't remember his exact words, but i got the impression that it was possible, but it was a little rough and took some time to adapt to it.

Is it true that the former WTC "wagged" in the wind?

If so, did you notice this at all while being atop?

Sorry - I left out the word "he" in a key sentence. That was Winn's description of the experience.

I have heard the same thing, but I was never up there to experience it.

Matt--happy birthday to you too! Cam--You mean I missed half of the practice and spent all this time reinventing the wheel? Don't answer. Spyrelx--It's my understanding that lots of things just pass right through us without any resonance, but who knows? Jess--I thought I felt it wag, but that could've just been vertigo.

-Y

"Is it true that the former WTC "wagged" in the wind?

If so, did you notice this at all while being atop?"

I don't know what you mean by wagged, but it definately swayed. You could be in one of the high offices and feel the whole place move a bit, particularly when the wind blew. You'd hear it too, the wind and the structure move.

This, by the way, is as it must be. For buildings that high, they have to be flexible enough to sway, otherwise they'd crack and break. (Taoist martial arts lesson here -- a fighter that yields will remain intact, like a young blade of grass, a fighter that resists will break, like an old twig).

Sign in to follow this