Ajay0

Dr. Frederick Lenz on the nature of the Kundalini

Recommended Posts

Insightful sayings by Dr. Frederick Lenz , also known as Zen Master Rama, on the nature of the Kundalini. 

 

https://ramaquotes.com/html/kundalini.html

 

Quote

 

The kundalini is the life force; it is the essential energy of existence. It is the hidden ingredient in life. It is what makes it all work.

 

The kundalini is the life force; it is the essential energy of existence. It is the hidden ingredient in life. It is what makes it all work.

 

Kundalini is the life force. It is given different names. They call it prana. They divide it into different segments, the apana and the samana; sometimes it's called shakti.  Nice names, it is energy.

 

 Kundalini is prana as it passes through a human being.

 

When there is no thought, the kundalini rises. When you create a vacuum, something will be drawn into it. The less thought you have, the more kundalini will flow through the chakras, the shushumna.

 

The kundalini energy is often compared to a snake that is coiled up. Because it is coiled up it can spring very quickly. It can jump and extend itself very far.

 

To increase the flow of kundalini that will alter our perception, it is necessary to clarify the purpose of one's being. This is to come to understand dharma.

 

Have your life properly aligned with dharma.  The technicalities of the movement of the kundalini are easy to master. Dharma is much more complex.


 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

Insightful sayings by Dr. Frederick Lenz , also known as Zen Master Rama, on the nature of the Kundalini. 

 

https://ramaquotes.com/html/kundalini.html

 

I would be careful about equating the manipulation of kundalini with Zen practice of any kind. What he is talking about here has much more in common with the American Satsang circuit than anything in the Zen or Cha'n schools. 

 

Being a master of Zen is not having a "self" that attempts to manipulate experience. My experience is that enlightenment is entirely possible without doing any practices intended to manipulate anything whatsoever, in fact just the opposite. Dropping all contriving of experience (meditation)  is a very direct practice. 

Edited by stirling
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case the name "Zen Master Rama" doesn't clue one in: he's a well known scammer who started a quasi-sex cult, grifted about $25 million, and then drowned with a stomach full of valium.  

 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, forestofemptiness said:

In case the name "Zen Master Rama" doesn't clue one in: he's a well known scammer who started a quasi-sex cult, grifted about $25 million, and then drowned with a stomach full of valium.

 

Just looked him up myself. What an interesting story!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, forestofemptiness said:

In case the name "Zen Master Rama" doesn't clue one in: he's a well known scammer 

Thank you for forewarning us about them all!

Apparently his money didn't buy him happiness.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, forestofemptiness said:

In case the name "Zen Master Rama" doesn't clue one in: he's a well known scammer who started a quasi-sex cult, grifted about $25 million, and then drowned with a stomach full of valium.  

 

 


 Dr. Lenz died in 1998, a quarter of a century back, when eastern religions and philosophy were viewed with heavy hostility in the west due to the connotations of paganism and heathenry on account of its exclusivist Abrahamic conditioning. He was never convicted of any crime or misdemeanor on his part.

 

Many eastern teachers who attained a level of popularity such as Vivekananda were subjected to a vilification campaign by vested powerful interests with fabricated allegations. 

 

Popular inter-faith speakers like Thomas Merton and Anthony de Mello were found dead in mysterious and suspicious  circumstances in the west.

 

It is very easy to plant false evidence and witnesses through bribes and other motivations to create a smear campaign intended to destroy the reputation of the target involved by skilled operators.

 

Even in India, there are examples of the same. I recently read an autobiographical book by forensic expert Umadethan with a case study of fabricating false evidence against an innocent man. 

 

The man was charged with sexual assault on a young girl with the mother presenting evidence of  the girls skirt stained with blood supposedly sustained during the assault. He was beaten by the cops brutally so as to confess to the crime.

 

Dr. Umadethan on studying the blood in the skirt in his laboratory, found that it was actually chickens blood. Enquiring on the matter, he found that the suspect was owed money by the mother who had not paid it for a long time, and was verbally abused by the man for that. The false allegation was a way to ensure the man did not bother her again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stirling said:

 

I would be careful about equating the manipulation of kundalini with Zen practice of any kind. What he is talking about here has much more in common with the American Satsang circuit than anything in the Zen or Cha'n schools. 

 

 Dr.Lenz is basically a scholar and  Buddhist teacher who taught Buddhism with some Hindu practices as well. He had similarly given insights on Christianity, Taoism as well. 

 

He elaborates on all practices, and this can be a good education for beginners or other people seeking some knowledge on these subjects.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

 Dr.Lenz is basically a scholar and  Buddhist teacher who taught Buddhism with some Hindu practices as well. He had similarly given insights on Christianity, Taoism as well. 

 

He elaborates on all practices, and this can be a good education for beginners or other people seeking some knowledge on these subjects.

 

Having seen a few of his videos now, there are a number of complete misunderstandings and mistruths about meditation in his videos. In this one, for example:

 

 

... he suggests that the goal of meditation is to "stop thinking", amongst a number of misguided thoughts.  Speaking for myself, I would not trust him with my training - there are abundant other sources from verifiable lineages that I would rely on for my teachings.

 

Quote

Those who have great realization of delusion are buddhas; those who are greatly deluded about realization are sentient beings. - Dogen, Actualizing the Fundamental Point

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stirling said:

 

Having seen a few of his videos now, there are a number of complete misunderstandings and mistruths about meditation in his videos. In this one, for example:

 

 

... he suggests that the goal of meditation is to "stop thinking", amongst a number of misguided thoughts.  Speaking for myself, I would not trust him with my training - there are abundant other sources from verifiable lineages that I would rely on for my teachings.

 

What he states as per eastern tradition of meditation is correct. The goal of meditation is to bring about a thoughtless state of awareness or mindfulness. 

 

Because of the conditioning of the propaganda campaign and biased media narratives against him, it is natural to harbor suspicion and a negative attitude towards him and even vilify him further. I would suggest a clinical study and examination of his teachings without any bias before pronouncing a judgement on him. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 1:20 into the meditation video he said "I have taught meditation to perhaps a half a million people, personally." I am sorry but that in itself sounds like a BS. He'd have to teach something like 100 different people every single day for ten years straight. Maybe he already had multiple spirit-bodies that teach people in their sub-conscious like Li Hongzhi does <_<. More likely was counting large auditoriums full of people. I guess that counts as in-person. Wonder how much a ticket costed. That's cool though. I'm not hating on the guy. He spread some nice dharma, in a pop star kinda way. R.I.P.

Edited by Nintendao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites