Sign in to follow this  
Taomeow

The 60-year cycle and the Year of the Green (Wood) Dragon

Since time immemorial, taoist qi and yi scientists have been noticing and recording similarities between time periods that fall under similar heavenly/earthly qi configurations (despite the yi factor which introduces irregular changes into regular periodic cosmic/earthly processes.) 

The "animal" aspect of each year repeats every 12 years, but the same "animal" (type or "phase" of qi named after an "animal" for convenience of remembering and discerning its manifestations in our realm) has five wuxing  "subspecies" -- e.g. the Dragon shows up as a Water Dragon, then, twelve years later, as a Wood Dragon, another twelve years bring in the Fire Dragon, and so on.  There's not as many similarities between dragons of different wuxing phases as there are between dragons of the same phase.  And these come every 60 years (just like with every other "animal" in the cycle).  So, the year of the Wood Dragon is most likely to share its type of qi with the previous one of 60 years ago. 1964.

That was an interesting year.  If you look at the events in history -- or, for those old enough to remember, in your own childhood --  you might get a sense for what's to come. 

There were many changes.  Some were good, some bad, and some signified the beginning of an entirely new turn of events that would reverberate through ages.  In China, that was the year of the beginning of the "cultural revolution."  In the US, the year Lyndon Johnson was elected president and the war in Vietnam took a drastic turn toward escalation.  In the USSR, a KGB coup ousted Khrushchev and installed Brezhnev.  Brazil had a military coup that established a long dictatorship.  Japan, with the jaw-dropping modernity of its 1964 Tokyo Olympics facilities, made an entrance onto the world scene as a new economic superpower. The Beatles who were not getting all that much attention before their 1964 American tour became a "superpower" in their own right.  To name a few.

Buckle up folks...  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yes good stuff. The dragon itself being an action and power orientated 'animal' will bring this year significant changes which will culminate with the Fire Horse in 2026, for good or for the worse as this animal can either bring disaster or complete regeneration. 

Buckle up for sure.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:30 PM, Gerard said:

disaster or complete regeneration

I feel like these two are often a matter of perspective and inseparable.

• Like 2

My first wife was born in the year of the green dragon. Our marriage was a bit of a disaster but like the dragon she regenerated and made a career out of the disaster(wrote her autobiography,  TV shows,  Oprah, etc.). Kind of a rough ride for me at the time but now just ironic and humorous looking at it from a distance through the rear view mirror. Perhaps the point here is that as we face the dragon this year knowing that time will help put its challenges into perspective changing them into lessons ( that might even make us laugh at some point!).

• Like 2

I find it hard to imagine how this year could be any crazier than any year before it has been. Wasn't 1964 also the year of that crazy blizzard? Or am I misremembering? There was also a crazy tornado outbreak that year, followed by the Palm Sunday one in 1965. Some reallyyy cool dual tornadoes were in the Palm Sunday one. Lots of turbulent weather.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unota said:

I find it hard to imagine how this year could be any crazier than any year before it has been. Wasn't 1964 also the year of that crazy blizzard? Or am I misremembering? There was also a crazy tornado outbreak that year, followed by the Palm Sunday one in 1965. Some reallyyy cool dual tornadoes were in the Palm Sunday one. Lots of turbulent weather.

Don't know about the blizzard, but it was the year the US had its biggest-ever earthquake -- in Alaska.  Luckily, casualties and destruction, in that sparsely populated area, were nowhere near what a 9.2 would have done in a densely populated one.  

Posted (edited)

Oh, I think this was the one I was thinking of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_1963_snowstorm

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/01/01/record-setting-snowstorm-hit-middle-tennessee-60-years-ago-today/

Not really 1964, though, because it only went into new years. Not sure if you'd count that. Close!

I'm not really sure how I knew about that. It's probably been referenced a few times in comparing records.

Edited by Unota

4 hours ago, Unota said:

Oh, I think this was the one I was thinking of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_1963_snowstorm

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/01/01/record-setting-snowstorm-hit-middle-tennessee-60-years-ago-today/

Not really 1964, though, because it only went into new years. Not sure if you'd count that. Close!

I'm not really sure how I knew about that. It's probably been referenced a few times in comparing records.

Sometimes the qi of the new year arrives a bit early here and there...  not unlike a coronal ejection on the sun, it can propagate protuberances.  Occasionally they can be quite extraordinary.  E.g. 1972, a Water Rat year (a wet one), started on February 15th, yet it was on February 3rd -- 8th, a bit ahead of schedule, that the greatest blizzard in history took place in Iran, dropping 26 feet (8 meters) of snow on 200 towns and villages.  For many of their inhabitants, it was the first snow they ever saw in their lives.  (And for 4,000 of them, also the last.)     

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Sign in to follow this