snowymountains

New to Daoist arts

Hi everyone,

New here, no previous experience neither in QiGong nor in Daoist meditation.

My practice is a mix of sports and Buddhist meditation, both rain forest/ Pali Canon, Zen, which I've learnt from teachers and some Bon, which I've learnt online.

The meditation part does include some energy practices, mainly from Zen which could be of Daoist origin, depending on whether the old Zen master who created them is to be taken at his word or not.

My Goals are,

1) Raise energy, I parent children, work, do sports, I meditate. I just need more energy as I often feel exhausted, especially during the winter.

2) Do grounding, centering and shielding, as a pre-step before Shamanic journeys.

3) Transform sexual energy 

I plan to do the above with a mix of Qigong & Daoist meditations.

I don't have an interest in martial arts, nor in taichi

I own some Taoist meditation books by Bruce Francis and QiGong books by Jwing-Ming Yang, which I have never read.

Truth be told, I'm looking for an entry point in Qigong and Daoist meditation, I'd like to leverage the books I already own but maybe another path is better, perhaps the flowing zen online Qigong course(?).

As I don't plan to drop neither sports nor Buddhist meditation and free time unfortunately is finite, it will be a slow learning process, I'm mainly looking for elements to incorporate in my existing practice, not to replace it.

• Thanks 1

Great intro. Welcome to the forum. :) 

4 hours ago, snowymountains said:

… I'm looking for an entry point in … Daoist meditation … I don't plan to drop … Buddhist meditation …

Taoist meditation = Buddhist meditation, says @ChiDragon , so that’s already one thing less on your ToDo list: :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1