Sign in to follow this  
Jenn

Hello

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time caller.  I am mostly interested in Taoism, although I enjoy reading threads here on experiences with Buddhism and other topics.  My path to Taoism was probably atypical, during a dark chapter of my life 2.5 years ago (after a life altering injury that happened the year before), while trying to work through old traumas / anger / loss / etc in order to stop feeling numb I kicked something off.  Had no idea what was going on, after a few strange and fairly extreme experiences I started looking online to see if others had similar experiences.  Waded through dark night of the soul, join local new age groups, read about many other systems, human design, chakras, etc, etc) but nothing really fit, but everything fit a little.  Dark night of the soul fit emotionally, but didn't account for the physical and what I would later recognize as energetic changes and sensations I was going through.  chakras (or what I called "white hots" before learning about the chakra system) seemed the closest for awhile - but I experienced more than just the typical 7 on the spine, mapping them out didn't match any of the larger chakra systems I could find.  I landed on Taoism as it fit my experiences much better, although initially I didn't feel it was a perfect fit, as I move further along my understanding of Taoism is deepening and aspects I thought did not fit started to become more clear as earlier misunderstandings of what Taoism was really saying.  The utter ambiguity and slow unfolding of understanding of what Taoism really is as a byproduct of practice and experience is both incredibly frustrating and literally the most amazing gift I could ever imagine.  I'm from the west, we like all the answers immediately and easily digestible :P.  In retrospect, what a sad waste of the mysteries of life.

I love reading others lived experiences on this forum, and look forward to participating rather than just watching.

• Like 3

:) Hi Jenn. Great intro. Welcome to the forum. 

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2023 at 12:02 AM, Jenn said:

The utter ambiguity and slow unfolding of understanding of what Taoism really is as a byproduct of practice and experience is both incredibly frustrating and literally the most amazing gift I could ever imagine.  I'm from the west, we like all the answers immediately and easily digestible :P.  In retrospect, what a sad waste of the mysteries of life.

Yes quick answers and many want to acquire results from reading books & paying fake masters for quick results.

None of this works.

Gong Fu = hard work.

This and practicing in the natural environment will help you understand Taoism your your true nature.

Sign in to follow this