Sign in to follow this  
Sanity Check

Hermaphrodite Privilege in the Bible

Everyone knows yang is male, yin is female.

Over the last 15+ years I spent every year reading thousands of articles on science.

Trying to reduce my scientific illiteracy.

Some articles I read (maybe 16 years ago) predicted future humans would inevitably evolve into a species of hermaphrodite.

This piqued my interest as some sources credit both angels and demons as being hermaphroditic in anatomy.

If men are yang with female being a complimentary yin.

Would a hermaphrodite have a more balanced yin / yang energy to draw upon?

Could they have a superior cultivation in contrast to those with a more standard biology?

I know this is a very old concept which has been featured in many works of fiction.

I'm trying to post only the oldest and most mundane things I can think of.

This is what I came up with.  -shrug-

You mean deliverance through the cultivation of Sakti? Sacrificing thunder for lightning….to light that ass up!😆 ⚡️🖐🏼🪬🔥🍑❤️‍🔥 😵
yes that’s what I believe the early gnostics were into…as far as scholarly evidence goes my general belief is that most Abrahamic doctrine is a mashup of the gnostics scriptures that the late Roman Empire/Sassanid Empire wanted done away with…. The Prophet Mani had a Holy flame light twin did he not?🤔

Edited by Zorro Dantes

I think what’s kind of established in those of gnostic writings is that angels and demons are only less than or equal to humans in term’s if magnitude of existence too as is evident in humanity being shaped like that of holy divinity🙏🏼!

the pregnancy effigies ain’t lying… not saying beauty equals omnipresent holiness…but we are the only kind of animal that can embody the divine feminine or masculine at our own choosing and have still be valid in the eyes of the holy🙏🏼

Edited by Zorro Dantes

Not just angels and such ... the 'magician' is , in a few traditions, encouraged towards it ... at least in concept .  And 'the magician' , as in archetype, is often depicted so .

Especially via the link to Mercury, although depicted as male  is essentially the  'place above' the male female polarity .

But the main difference is , not so much 'hermaphroditic '  but 'androgynous' .  ( have fun with that one  ;) )

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nungali said:

… not so much 'hermaphroditic '  but 'androgynous' …

Anybody can use terms in any (different) way they like, and the victor writes the dictionary. But these terms mean the same thing: androgyny: άνδρας (man) + γυναίκα (woman); hermaphrodite: Ερμής (Hermes, male god) + Αφροδίτη (Aphrodite, female goddess).

Edited by Cobie

Well, I did say have fum with it   :D

You demonstrated  the difference  yourself  ; one uses Gods as the demonstration  of the  polarity and the other humans .  Its a distinction in magic .   

• Like 1