Khun Paen

Zhineng/Dr Pang Ming lower dantian location

So I just started learning this Qigong style. And all the teachers in this lineage teach the lower dantian behind the navel (not below) directly on the taiji pole. Does anyone have any quotes from Dr Pang Ming about why he chose the navel as the lower dantian instead of below it? More and more teachers/chinese medicine doctors seem to be putting the dantian at the navel these days. Curious why

Edited by Khun Paen

Teachers that have their third eye open, also claim the dantien is behind the navel, like Master Lin from Spring Forest Qigong.

The late Shuai Chiao Grandmaster Gene Chicoine also claimed the lower dan was behind the belly button. Where the very first cell of your body was created at the umbilical cord. That always kinda made sense to me. 🙏🏻  

On 11/15/2023 at 11:50 AM, Khun Paen said:

So I just started learning this Qigong style. And all the teachers in this lineage teach the lower dantian behind the navel (not below) directly on the taiji pole. Does anyone have any quotes from Dr Pang Ming about why he chose the navel as the lower dantian instead of below it? More and more teachers/chinese medicine doctors seem to be putting the dantian at the navel these days. Curious why

Maybe the dantian is not a fixed location at all, maybe it's a locus around the center of gravity and varies from person to person. 

Gautama spoke of "one-pointedness of mind", yet he never mentioned any physical location.

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 1