Healthynprosper

Shilajit, is it connected to a spirit? Or has an spiritual element?

Hello,

im wondering

Is there any reference in ayurvedic or vedic literature? Is there a spiritual  component to shilajit

i get the sense it might draw spirits to you for some reason

gotten some very weird dreams. I couldnt find anything on google

well exept for a group that seems to think shilajit is the blood of petrified giants and himalayan salt petrified giant flesh

• Haha 1

No not that I'm aware of no. It has a long tradition being used as the ancient multi vitamin tonic like substance in old medical litterature from back to Greece and the Vedas. It is composed of broken down plantmaterial and has a lot of fulvic acid which many are deficient in so it may affect dreams like that. It is known as mumijo in West-and Central Asia used in the same manner but many in India highly regard it so it could be some kind of worthship of it has taken place. 

Back then they would mix herbs and mushrooms in the wine and beer or make fatpellets to store and bring the herbs with them on longer journeys. It has been common to use medicinal plants for a very long time compared to recent developements in medicine that have many believe natural is equal to inefficient or dangerous. As it is quite the opposite. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 8:10 AM, Nahfets said:

It is known as mumijo in West-and Central Asia used in the same manner but many in India highly regard it so it could be some kind of worthship of it has taken place. 

It contains half the periodic table, and its origin is only hypothetical.  The name  mumijo or moomiyo is of the same root as the word "mummy" though, and traditionally it was thought of as a product of ages-long decomposition and transformation of organic matter of animal (and possibly even human) origin plus plant material plus minerals from the mountain crevices where it's found.  

I've used it on many occasions, tried many brands, and find moomiyo superior to shilajit (stronger) -- the difference being the place of origin.  The best, far as I can tell, comes from Altai.  It has many medicinal properties but where it truly shines is at mending broken bones.  On three separate occasions over the years I suggested using it to people with fractures (wrist, sternum, and a vertebra), and in every case the fact that the bone had once been broken was later undetectable on X-rays -- in addition to healing twice faster than average.   

Not aware of any spiritual effects.  Side effects in long term use might be of the excitatory nature (irritability, disrupted sleep), it's not recommended to take close to bedtime, and is contraindicated in people suffering from mental illness.  As a general tonic, it is usually taken in courses -- a month on, a month or two off, repeat as needed.   For oral administration, must be dissolved in a small amount of fatty liquid (typically warm milk) rather than ingested straight up.  Topical ointments with moomiyo are best made with ghee or butter and rubbed into problem areas in arthritis etc..

• Like 2