Hey everyone, I’m looking into martial cultivation systems. If anyone has anything on some and willing to trade that would be great! Or just discussing as well I’m all for anything!

5 hours ago, Sixriverspalm said:

Hey everyone, I’m looking into martial cultivation systems. If anyone has anything on some and willing to trade that would be great! Or just discussing as well I’m all for anything!

I might have something , depends on what you mean by  'martial cultivation systems'  .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me personally I would say the first thing that comes to mind would be something like vibrating palm. Due to the nature of the strike on impact what it does to someone internally done to their bone. How about you?

42 minutes ago, Nungali said:

I might have something , depends on what you mean by  'martial cultivation systems'  .

Anything really. I suppose it depends on what you have as well.

Well, here is start , considering ;

26 minutes ago, Sixriverspalm said:

For me personally I would say the first thing that comes to mind would be something like vibrating palm. Due to the nature of the strike on impact what it does to someone internally done to their bone. How about you?

I have no experience with  'vibrating palm ' , but a vibrating back of the hand , fingers extended but 'loose' and like a slap which stopped on the surface but continued  to 'flutter' . It was refereed to as 'fish tail'  .   I didnt feel much , it was light and on my side , that was because the 'applicant' was being nice to me and showing me a technique out of an obscure 'hakatsuru'  (crane  )  form .  He said it would have been applied to a different part of the body , with force and penetration and at a certain  'point'  in the  system that controls the cardiac rhythm .

Regarding the 'nature of the strike on impact ' , basically a strike 'on' or through the target / surface , will carry momentum and a larger area of the target ( or person ) will absorb the force and may be driven backwards .  A 'recoiling' strike  will not do this but concentrate the energy into a smaller area  and hence may cause more internal damage  ... the person might not be driven backwards , they might even fall forwards .

15 hours ago, Sixriverspalm said:

What is the vibrating palm?
The concept known as vibrating palm originates with the Chinese martial arts Neijing ("internal") energy techniques that deal with the qi energy and the type of force (jin) used. It is depicted as "a technique that is part psychic and part vibratory, this energy is then focused into a wave".
I don't think the term "vibrating palm" is a Chinese terminology. Anyway, based on the OP, cultivation is to make something better rather than worse. The practitioner who practices vibrating palm should be able to withstand the impact of the strike. The internal force (內勁) is not part psychic but physical strength totally acquired from practice. The amount of jin() strength to be executed is controlled by the mind of the practitioner. The mind does not produce energy. It is the mind that controls how much force the muscles to be exerted. The bone should not be affected by the impact of the strike. Rather it will support the muscles to execute the strike. If harm can be done to the bone, then, it would have happened at the beginning of the initial cold practice.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1