Bee

About grounding

What are the best methods of grounding and or relieving spleen, head and kidneys?

What I understood so far: it has a function like the earthing cable in electricity or the grounding rod in the house, but in the human system. 

So it helps to:

- stop reading

- stop dreaming/sleeping/worrying 

- eat warm and soothing foods

- do leg workouts 

- gardening 

- walking barefoot

- do focused slow breathing, right?

- get massage 

- have sex / cuddle

- standing exercises

- walking exercises 

- all related to trees and earthen aspects

I bought a notebook for a grounding structure, I plan to set up and be very glad for advices. The last CCM treatment had some unwelcome side effect or was falsely advised: my focus is gone (yi), I have trouble prioritizing, am forgetful more than usual and indecisive to the point where it gets troublesome. Beyond that there is exhaustion, that I am willing to overcome, but I have a lack of direction of where to start. I am not panicked and not emotional just confused of my lack of focused attention ability and prioritizing and carry through. I am not even stressed by outside events, on the contrary. But why does it feel so messed up now?

I am not aiming for spiritual progress just for stability.

:wub:

Edited by Bee

Early thirties. No I ain’t. No I don’t. 

I tried the standing with the back at a tree stuff at my favorite mountain here. There was a double rainbow as the clouds cleared and made way for the sun. Nice to watch. I forgot while watching.  I‘ll try to do something like that more often next couple of days.

5 hours ago, Bee said:

why does it feel so messed up now?

Sorry idk but your story reminded me of Ch. 20:

8. The multitudes are peaceful and happy; 
9. Like climbing a terrace in springtime to feast at the tai-lao sacrifice. 
10. But I'm tranquil and quiet—not yet having given any sign. 
11. Like a child who has not yet smiled. 
12. Tired and exhausted—as though I have no place to return. 
13. The multitudes all have a surplus. 
[13a. I alone seem to be lacking.] 
14. Mine is the mind of a fool—ignorant and stupid! 
15. The common people see things clearly; 
16. I alone am in the dark. 
17. The common people discriminate and make fine distinctions; 
18. I alone am muddled and confused. 
19. Formless am I! Like the ocean; 
20. Shapeless am I! As though I have nothing in which I can rest. 
21. The masses all have their reasons [for acting]; 
22. I alone am stupid and obstinate like a rustic. 
23. But my desires alone differ from those of others— 
24. For I value drawing sustenance from the Mother. 

(DDJ Ch. 20, Terebess, Henricks, MWD)

Edited by Cobie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cobie said:

DDJ Ch. 20, Terebess, Henricks, MWD

Is that your favourite version? I will read it again sometime when reading seems appropriate, but thanks for reminding me of that! 

Edit: now my knees itch, hope I didn’t oversee any fire ants there. Can you do something wrong while standing / grounding at a tree or mountain? I just didn’t and don’t remember those forms. Knees slightly bent, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bee said:

Is that your favourite version? …

It’s the one I always use for quoting the DDJ on the forum,

it’s here: https://terebess.hu/english/tao/henricks.html#Kap20 Henricks is a Sinologist with an excellent reputation.

The only version I like is my own translation. But that’s not liked by anyone else, so not useful for giving quotes. :lol: 

… Knees slightly bent, no?

Just be ‘natural’. :lol: 

I do know that to avoid damage, one should always keep the knees in line with the toes. :)

Edited by Cobie
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bee said:

What are the best methods of grounding

May I ask what is grounding in your understanding? Are you practicing Zhan Zhuang.

Edited by ChiDragon

20 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

what is grounding

As I mentioned, my understanding is rudimentary: it’s a metaphor for the body taken from electricity- although  there’s a difference between grounding (protection for the house and it’s switches etc.) and earthening (latter is the cable that is supposed to protect humans).  Does that make any sense?

No I don’t practice Zhan Zhuang. Twice I tried though in the parc with a younger male teacher and some friends of his. It made me feel more exhausted so I stopped.. 

Edited by Bee

18 hours ago, ChiDragon said:

May I ask what is grounding in your understanding? Are you practicing Zhan Zhuang.

Edited 18 hours ago by ChiDragon

What would you add about grounding @ChiDragon
Do you recommend Zhan Zhuang? Under which circumstances would it be false to practice? 

2 hours ago, Bee said:

What would you add about grounding @ChiDragon
Do you recommend Zhan Zhuang? Under which circumstances would it be false to practice? 

I was an electrical engineer. I know what are electrical ground and earth ground. BTW In the US, the color for the safety electrical ground is green.

I do recommend Zhan Zhuang. The primary thing is to make your legs muscles are very strong. Secondary will make you more healthier. However, at the beginning of the practice will make your leg muscles very sore. Most people might gave up is because of this condition.

PS
Grounding in Zhan Zhuang is to have the feet stick to the ground or floor to stay in one place. Even someone pushes you and you are still stay put. However, this only can be accomplished after a long time practice of ZZ.

PPS
Here is a demo of grounding.

Edited by ChiDragon

Standing meditation/Zhan Zhuang plus an internal martial art like Tai Chi will do the job normally. 

• Like 1