peter falk

revenge of the sith

Yeah..I mean that whole do things to help your family bit is nice..I like it to a point..but when your kiling others to help your own family that's probably the time you need to check yourself.

Adding super jedi powers to that which make it look easy and cool to slice people up would just increase the problem. I mean if I could just choke people out using the force like Darth would I even really need ju jitsu?

I mean..if I had that kind of power..I would probably jsut be flinging people across the room with the force for fun..and that's sort of evil..

Hence the Jedi zen like code...

Finally got to see this movie today.

Loved it (but that was no shock). I think the slide from good to bad in Anikin was handled well, especially when you include the scenes from Clones where he killed the sandpeople. There were some good scenes (like when he is deciding if he should go to stop Mace from arresting/killing Palpatine) which showed parts of the slide to the dark side.

I think Aniken's problem was that he couldn't really love unselfishly. He wanted to do things for Padmay that she didn't agree with.
He was too rigid I think. He had what he believed in, and what he wanted, and was not flexible enough to change when the need arose. Selfish and unyielding, but also trying to do the right thing at the same time.
He was so clingy and trying to hold on when he should have just let go
One of my favourite quotes (bearing in mind that I am a Sedona Method junkie now) was when Yoda said "You must let go of the things you are afraid to lose" (or something like that)

denying the existence of your enemy is different from denying the existence of evil itself.

There's evil. Then there's..... brutal major evil evil! The sith lordy lords are suppose to be the worse type of evil. Worse than the evil Hutts, and whatever other evils are around the galaxy. They jedi deny and deny and deny not just evil, but the worse kind of evil.

i could say that the nazis no longer exists (ok, so there are small pockets of neonazis, but not the nazis of hitler's reich).  that doesn't mean i deny the existence of evil.

Your right and wrong. Your not denying the existance of evil, but your denying the existance of one of the worse, evil evils! An evil soo evil, it almost took over the world and made the whole world evil!

it has other forms, including those within myself, that i need to be wary of.  unfortunately, most people, including those in positions of power we call "leaders,"

The evil inside you, pales to the evil of the nazis. No chance of you ever taking over the world and ruling over everyone.

Hell, no chance of you ever taking over just 1 country heheheeeeeeeh!

have an aversion to recognizing this or to thinking like them in order to better protect citizens against evildoers.  thus when evil is in their midst, they don't recognize it, and it runs roughshod over well-intended people.

In real life, all leaders are evil. Its how they became leaders in the first place. Some leaders are simply less evil than the enemies of the people. Like ceaser vs the leader of the barbarians. Both were evil. But ceaser was less threat than the barbarians.

perhaps the jedi had to be destroyed inorder to be reborn again.  they'd become dogmatic and complacent.  it happens to every group of spiritually oriented people if they fail to evolve as a group.

Remember what Padame says? "Maybe we're fighting on the wrong side." Perhaps the Jedi are evil also! Just less evil than the sith. And the Jedi are evil - they did plot on how to take over the senate. "In order for us to challenge the Chanceller, we have to TAKE OVER THE SENATE."

Right or wrong... do the Jedi seek more power? Just like Chanceller said. The Jedi do seek more power. It's just they supposivly use their increased power differently than the sith lordy lords do.

the darkside is equally stupid.

AHAHAA! You admit the goody good Jedi are evil, dumb, stupid!

OK on about the darkside baddies....

they don't see how their selfishness interferes with their grand schemes and failure to make reliable alliances.

This is only in current Star Wars. In old star wars, the back story from Dark Horse comics has it that the sith lordy lords did form alliances. But for some strange reason good always won hahahhaa.

this happened in real life during WWII, getting back t that theme.  hitler declared war on the U.S., even though he was not obligated to due to any treaties with japan.  he was hoping japan would return the favor by declaring war on russia.  they never did.

4131[/snapback]

BAD example! The US was allied with Hitler. US financed, built up Hitler. The elite US families (all members of secret societies) even had a major bank in NYC that publically gave money to Hitler, before WW2, and during WW2! It became too blatant that the prez had to pass a law saying .... its illegal to help the enemy! AhahahahLOL!

Hitler never declared war on the USA. Little known historical fact. Back then majority of Americans were 2nd, 3rd generation German-American. The majority of Americans supported what Hitler and German was doing. This is why the Pearl Harbor setup was needed.

Hitler was manipulated by the USA, and on higher level, by the secret societies, into fighing Britain, America. Had nothing to do with him hoping Japan would declare on USSR. And... it was Hitler himself who declared on USSR.

More reasons why using Hitler and nazis is a BAD example. Did you know Hitler never had blond hair and blue eyes? Yep on the highest levels, the whole propaganda about the nazis was a smokescreen having nothing to do with the master race, arayan race, pure blood bonde hair n blue eyes. In fact, majority of the inner circle didnt have blonde hair or blue eyes LOL! Hitler was also a Jew. He was the son of Baron Rothschild. But this is steering towards subject for whole new thread about secret societies (like Skull n Bones, on and on).

But since this tangent came up, go to Barnes & Noble (or any major bookstore) and read books by David Icke. Start with "The Biggest Secret". It has full info on Hitlers true origins, and Icke's sources. Next "And the Truth Shall Set You Free". Then whatever his other books you fancy. Icke even talks about the relationship of good and evil and how both depend on each other, feed each other.

heh, you're all a bunch of star wars geeks. :lol:

I just got back from seeing it. Not bad. I like the transition from super hi-tech to more low-fi to make it more seemless with the next one from the 70's. I thought it was interesting to contemplate how attachments, ie: love, can be manipulated to bring out evil. Not quite ready to join the stoics yet though. I'm still a romantic my friends. :rolleyes:

can't wait for the next one. ;)