Sign in to follow this  
rain

question for Max

i enjoyed morris' book Path Notes of an American Ninja Master. it led me to take ambidexterity more seriously. and he writes in a very non-flashy, down-to-earth manner.

he died in april of '06 though. the way you wrote your inquiry it seemed as if you didn't know that.

i know a lot of the NorCal ninja folks and he was well-liked among them.

Hundun

thanks for answering about dr glenn morris

i am aware of his death. the information i have been receiving speak of him in present terms though. i kinda like that.

i really hope someone has had direct contact with some of these people.

ambidexerity you say..wow thats most insteresting..

I just asked Chris and Max if my intuitive reaction to the snake bagua in the park as to "walking it mirrored" was ok or to be avoided.

"In the mathematical field of knot theory, an amphichiral knot, also called an achiral knot or amphicheiral knot, is an oriented knot equivalent to its mirror image."

Also I very much want to know why there was a sensation of something stirring turning causing a slight pain in my lower dan tien like that of an early pregnancy when I first stepped in with my left foot doing the snake bagua.

sigh

In my own experience baguazhang palm changes & circle walking, whether dragon, snake, Cheng, eight animal, Gao style etc. are traditionally practiced both left and right (mirrored).

FWIW,

John

Same in YeeChuan & TaiChi practice. First Mirror, then Forward Backwards, then Alphabet Soup. Basic vocab leads to words, sentences, paragraphs, and freedom of speech form.

Same in YeeChuan & TaiChi practice. First Mirror, then Forward Backwards, then Alphabet Soup. Basic vocab leads to words, sentences, paragraphs, and freedom of speech form.

ahhh...thats a relief. thank you.

Rain,

When Max taught us the first Bagua set he taught us the right side, and told us to practice both sides.

AugustLeo

But you always start the same. Up to the point where you have completely "stepped into the house," left foot first.

But you always start the same. Up to the point where you have completely "stepped into the house," left foot first.

thanks Chris.

"But you always start the same." Thats exactly IT. my whole nervous and energy system starts giving off impulses that are translated by brain as "Dance Into The Opposite"..

I have the same "challenge" with the daily joint-roll routine, grandmaster specifically pointed out starting with right foot...so every now and then I breake rules.

so I guess that got me back to point 0

whats this about ambidexterity??

"Ambidexterity" the state of being equally adept in the use of both right and left "external" body parts..(arms..legs... )

"Ambidexterity is often encouraged in activities requiring a great deal of skill in both hands, such as juggling, swimming, percussion or keyboard music, word processing, surgery, body boxing, and combat."

thats all.

"Ambidexterity" the state of being equally adept in the use of both right and left "external" body parts..(arms..legs... )

"Ambidexterity is often encouraged in activities requiring a great deal of skill in both hands, such as juggling, swimming, percussion or keyboard music, word processing, surgery, body boxing, and combat."

thats all.

yeah, i know what it means :P

i was just wondering how it relates spiritually, if there is a large advantage (I was thinking an increase in lobe connection and communication) that really made it worth while to cultivate it, not just for movement meditations.

someone said that they now take 'ambidexterity more seriously' I was curious as to the reason.

thank you.

indeed. and this is true both externally AND internally.

... if there is a large advantage (I was thinking an increase in lobe connection and communication) that really made it worth while to cultivate it, not just for movement meditations.

yes. if you aspire to high-level practice there's an advantage to developing greater connection and communication between the two hemispheres of the brain. which ever side of the brain you use the least will give you the most distress when it begins to awaken in profound ways.

the book doesn't get in-depth about it, but it seems like the most obvious thing in the world as soon as he addresses it.

you should get it. it's a book worth owning.

Highly conducive to have the L/R synced. Of coarse practicing things on the weak side, but also practices that specifically sync the L/R hemispheres, to produce a kind of non-dominant state of being.

Sign in to follow this