Sign in to follow this  
Knightgame15

Meditation Recommendations

Hello again everyone!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. I wanted to ask around today to see if anyone had any favorite places, music/sounds, smells, techniques, etc. for meditating. More specifically I'd like recommendations for meditation that will help me build up humility, ridding myself of the illusion of control, and generally being still and thinking on the sections of the Tao Te Ching (as I've been going back over the audiobook to take notes). I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to ask this question but I'm still finding my way around the forum and haven't interacted with many forums before this one.

Have a great day everyone <3

Edited by Knightgame15
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Knightgame15 said:

being still and thinking on the sections of the Tao Te Ching 

You've already found your method Knightgame 15

Nothing beats that!

Karma yoga.  Being a volunteer and helping others.   Getting involved in a charity that requires weekly presence, could be food pantry, building houses, lawn work for the elderly, delivering food to shut ins etc.. There might be some sacred spot, temple church graveyard etc., that might need volunteers.  

In a world of me me me, committing to helping others can get you out of that mindset. 

In the world of meditation there's Buddhist Metta meditations on accepting and sending love and acceptance.  On the extreme of that is a Tibetan form like Chod -  https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-feeding-your-demons/   In youtube you can find a guided meditation for the unusual practice.  

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this