Unota

Hello

Hello, I'm thrilled to find a forum based on Daoism, as I've been interested in it for a while but have struggled to find other people to talk about it with. My only experiences with the subject have been reading some books by Hua-Ching Ni, and I've been curious to learn more about it.

I am a fairly unhealthy person. I have some lung issues, which have been especially bad ever since I got Covid-19. I have turned to ways to help me mentally cope with the effects it has had on my life. When reading some books I found by Hua-Ching Ni, I was enchanted by the mythology and philosophy of it. Meditation has helped me reduce some stress, and slow down to appreciate life in the present, despite everything that is wrong.

I will probably not post here very much, but I will be reading a lot.

As for my hobbies and personal character, I think the most prominent thing about me is that I am interested in nature. I garden and know many native plants. I often dig up native plants I recognize where I know they will be cut down, so I can repot them somewhere safer. It makes me happy when they flower and I see the solitary bees feeding off of them. Most of the food I eat is from my garden, or wild plants. I know which ones are safe to eat, and which ones will cause respiratory failure.

I also like to walk, I walk miles and miles each day until my feet ache.

I have no inner diologue, I think this is a consequence of having pretty severely presenting ADHD combined type, so I carry a journal that I write everything into in order to remember. I think I probably come across as absent-minded because of this, if that isn't already evident.

That is probably everything there is important to know about me. Nice to meet you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2023 at 8:37 PM, Unota said:

I will probably not post here very much, but I will be reading a lot.

It's nice to meet you, Unota.  I look forward to reading what you write when you choose to do so.

• Thanks 1