Sign in to follow this  
Nungali

Why us ?

Apparently Australia has 'ground breaking' legislation just passed that allows certain psychedelics to be available under prescription .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-66049989

Why on earth that happened in such a backward ( as far as drug legislation goes .... cant even grow one mara plant ! ) place as this !

news goes, the other week ; from tomorrow  psychadelics will be available ... what ... how .... who   ? 

Ewwwww, what a mess  .... here are some of the mess ingredients ;

We are not ready for it

people are not trained to do the therapy

Its been touted as cure for 'the modern malaise'  ( which means many many people  might want 'treatment'.

Well, yeah, they admit, it did send some people nuts and ther trauma got worse and amplified  ( 'bad trip ' ) .

Could cost up to $60,000 for treatment      (  :D  )   ... but we dont want it to be for the rich only, so some type of scheme needs to be    ( its the therapy involved you see, therapists aint cheap ! )

It might be a couple of years before they are ready for it .... but wait the hell, lets announce it now and change the legislation already .

So, all you people that feel stressed and meaningless about the modern life you have been hurled into , dont worry , you can change your outlook after a 6 week $60,000 course ... funded by your own tax payments  :)

But how on earth did it ever get through in a place like this ! 

I'm pretty sure I know who thinks they are gonna be the winner in this one ! 

Psychologists weekend holiday house : 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.nFBjK8K5PvJrZ2-UNVT7rAAAAA%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=aaaea16ce3e3f655e6bc589136bcbf917a6c24639d08283685500706dc97db29&ipo=images

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Michael Pollan's book, How to Change your Mind, has a chapter or two on the widespread practice (on the US West Coast) of psychedelic sitters (way cheaper than 60K & caveat emptor) as well as advice on how to do sit with someone.  Set and setting is very important.  Your odds of having a good trip are much greater if you begin with equanimity and in a safe spot.  Unfortunately people take such drugs without that prerequisite.  Worse they have the notion more is better.  

I've found psyllium mushrooms, like LSD to be powerful hypnotics.  You flow strongly towards what captures your mind- conscious or unconscious.  They can be powerful tools for good counselors.  As Pollan says, part of their magic is they wake up the mundane.  So a commonsense concept like Alcohol is bad for me, hits harder.  Plus all the love and peace stuff.  In the 1950s before it was closed down, mushrooms (along w/ counseling) were noted to be way more effective than other means of quitting.  There were similar benefits to other shroom driven therapies.  They shut down by early 60s and are now being re-discovered.  But there is definitely a darkside to it.  

While tedious and multi-step such things can grown for $50 or so bucks.  So far, they're still on the fringe.  I kinda wish they were more available with counseling.  Or in safe places.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 16/07/2023 at 11:40 PM, Nungali said:

We are not ready for it

people are not trained to do the therapy

There are plenty of trained people in my opinion

FemaleShamanClayoquotVancouverIsland_lg.

But this corporatisation of everything is just another way to bastardize and strip apart what should be a sacred tradition

Fix the absolutely disgraceful sorry state that society is in, and most mental health problems disappear

But theres no profit in that...god no, why would be go curing something. End a profit stream? Blasphemy

micatosafaris_76227451_Full-scaled.jpg

Bonus round...how many people do you think in the Masaii tribe suffer from  the conditions that are our current mental health crisis?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

There are plenty of trained people in my opinion

FemaleShamanClayoquotVancouverIsland_lg.

I would sadly change that to 'where many' .

25 minutes ago, Shadow_self said:

But this corporatisation of everything is just another way to bastardize and strip apart what should be a sacred tradition

Fix the absolutely disgraceful sorry state that society is in, and most mental health problems disappear

But theres no profit in that...god no, why would be go curing something. End a profit stream? Blasphemy

micatosafaris_76227451_Full-scaled.jpg

Bonus round...how many people do you think in the Masaii tribe suffer from  the conditions that are our current mental health crisis?

About as many as have mobile phones  ?  - which might be a larger number than many people realize .

On 18/07/2023 at 10:26 PM, Nungali said:

I would sadly change that to 'where many' .

About as many as have mobile phones  ?  - which might be a larger number than many people realize .

Im a firm believer in the more you have, the more you have to get depressed/anxious/sad/distracted/ insert random pathologization of the human condition here

A vast majority of "psychiatry" and indeed "psychology" is complete and utter crap. I can say that definitively, and would gladly debate the topic with anyone.

The sooner people realize that the modern medical paradigms they worship are (generally speaking) little more than business models designed to retain customers, the better

That doesnt mean there arent a few good souls who genuinely try to help folk. There are always good people

Unfortunately they are more often than not trapped within the aforementioend system

Edited by Shadow_self
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this