Sign in to follow this  
Ajay0

Scientific research shows that alcohol and drugs cause brain damage

Alcohol and drug abuse can result in brain damage, as per scientific research.

https://mpowerwellness.com/brain-damage-from-drugs/

Scientific research in recent years have clearly shown that drug and alcohol abuse can have severe consequences on the brain. The brain is the control center of the body, and any damage to it can lead to significant changes in behavior, mood, and cognitive function. 

The brain is a delicate organ that is responsible for many critical functions in the body. When drugs are introduced into the system, they can disrupt the normal functioning of the brain and cause damage to its cells and tissues.

This damage can lead to a range of problems, including memory loss, impaired judgment, decreased motor skills, and even permanent disability.

Similar articles can be found here...

https://drugabuse.com/addiction/health-issues/neurological-risks/

https://www.thefreedomcenter.com/can-drugs-cause-permanent-brain-damage/

I am pretty sure people already know this .

You seem to have a particular 'mission' lately Ajay0  ???

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nungali said:

I am pretty sure people already know this .

It is good to be reminded of the basics so that people will exercise due caution .

You seem to have a particular 'mission' lately Ajay0  ???

People associate drugs with spirituality, which is an incorrect perception, considering its correlation with higher crime rates, rampant violence due to drug trafficking, regression in professional and personal lives, lower physical and mental health, as well as greater cravings and addictive behavior which makes one more unconscious and away from enlightenment and the much superior bliss of the natural state. 

As I stated earlier, it is like a thirsty person being content with sewer water when there is a fresh water lake nearby. But his tunnel vision prevents him from considering the lake nearby and even grates on those who point out the lake. My threads are there to provide perspective , that's all. B)

2 hours ago, Ajay0 said:

It is good to be reminded of the basics so that people will exercise due caution .

People associate drugs with spirituality, which is an incorrect perception, considering its correlation with higher crime rates, rampant violence due to drug trafficking, regression in professional and personal lives, lower physical and mental health, as well as greater cravings and addictive behavior which makes one more unconscious and away from enlightenment and the much superior bliss of the natural state. 

As I stated earlier, it is like a thirsty person being content with sewer water when there is a fresh water lake nearby. But his tunnel vision prevents him from considering the lake nearby and even grates on those who point out the lake. My threads are there to provide perspective , that's all. B)

Metaphorically speaking, this 'fresh water' is as much a cause of addiction, if not more than drugs. Look at the impactful growth of cults as an example. Don't know the exact stats, but significant numbers go missing each day. A percentage of this fall prey to cult recruiters and groomers. Under the guise of 'fresh water... come, drink.' 

Proper perspective takes into account many factors. Haven't you anecdotal evidence of addiction to gurus and spiritual trips? 

• Like 1

Just now, C T said:

Metaphorically speaking, this 'fresh water' is as much a cause of addiction, if not more than drugs. Look at the impactful growth of cults as an example. Don't know the exact stats, but significant numbers go missing each day. A percentage of this fall prey to cult recruiters and groomers. Under the guise of 'fresh water... come, drink.' 

By 'fresh water' I meant meditation and enlightenment induced bliss. If you are enlightened, why do you have to join a cult or teacher !

The bliss of enlightenment is also much superior to temporary euphorias,  folowed by misery (hangovers/comedowns), of drugs and alcohol. 

If you are not enlightened, you can join a Guru or spiritual practice exercising one's judgement after due diligence. This can sort out issues related to fake gurus or groomers/recruiters. 

Even Buddha himself was condemned as a fake Guru during his life-time, so it is important to do one's due diligence in this regard, and not go by opinions. 

Proper perspective takes into account many factors. Haven't you anecdotal evidence of addiction to gurus and spiritual trips? 

The purpose of the external Guru is to tune one to the internal Guru within, after getting rid of much of the unconscious layers and vasanas or psychological impressions which blur the Self.  Once the internal Guru is tuned to and intuition takes over, the external Guru's role is over. 

Yes, attachment to the Guru can become a problem. If the Guru is honest and have developed the disciple adequately, he or she will know when to let go so that the disciple advances to enlightenment.

Sign in to follow this