Kamitsune

just a question

hello want to ask if are someone  from north Italy, yesterday 06/07/23 near my place are 3 lightning strokes really  nearby in a weird place and don't  hit the lightning rod, and with a clear sky, after all, connection goes down  for 20 hours

Nicola Tesla thought lightning rods were useless.

I have often seen horizontal lightning when the theory is that they should go to the Earth surface.

There must be a better theory

11 minutes ago, Kamitsune said:

hello want to ask if are someone  from north Italy, yesterday 06/07/23 near my place are 3 lightning strokes really  nearby in a weird place and don't  hit the lightning rod, and with a clear sky, after all, connection goes down  for 20 hours

Its not clear what you want to ask .

Lightening often strikes in the same place ,  I even have a 'lightening spot'  up on the back hill of the property  where three major strikes, at least , have happened .

What  'weird place ' and why was it 'weird'  ???

Are you asking about  lightening in a clear sky ?  or are you asking if anyone in Northern Italy saw it , or if any one else's connection went out .... or what ?

8 minutes ago, Lairg said:

Nicola Tesla thought lightning rods were useless.

I have often seen horizontal lightning when the theory is that they should go to the Earth surface.

There must be a better theory

There is .  Its just that 'your' theory is wrong .

I have seen horizontal lightening many times here .  It doesnt  go against any 'theory' .

• Like 1

On 06/07/2023 at 11:02 PM, Nungali said:

I have seen horizontal lightening many times here .  It doesnt  go against any 'theory' .

Theres multiple ways it can happen

In fact the typical "cloud to ground" is only one type of several.

Anvil crawlers would be one such demonstration

If you've ever seen ground to cloud lightning, thats pretty cool as well

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

If you want to find out for sure, just travel back along the timeline and ask Tesla yourself 

Okay, I took your advice .  But Tesla wants to know where he said lightening rods are useless .  And he also suggested Lairg might have been lying on his side during his observations .

• Haha 1