Sign in to follow this  
old3bob

the spectrum of silence (& space/time)

On 07/05/2023 at 4:34 PM, steve said:

One cannot say there are two spaces, or more, as it is continuous and unbounded. On the other hand, it is imprecise to call it one space because space is insubstantial, it cannot be defined, limited, or imputed. 

I think what I was trying to get at was that, in my current practice, by paying attention to the sense of space in/around the body and paying attention to the space in which thoughts arise, I start to experience those two things as the same thing. For me this is new. I could probably substitute 'environment' for 'space' as I try and describe 'where I am at' but space is a better word for all of the reasons that @steve mentions. Writing about my practice is something I generally shy away from so it has been useful trying to communicate some of my experience. 

• Like 1

well it seems or is that  the 4th dimension can see (so to speak) the 3rd but the 3rd can not see the 4th...

"What is the 4th dimension in the Bible?
It seems most logical that Jesus used the fourth dimension to elude his would-be captors. Similar to the power to disappear from three-dimensional beings, anyone who could move in a fourth physical dimension could also transport himself/herself anywhere in our three-dimensional world instantly."

...and bigfoot is also evolved enough to do this?  :huh: ;)

could we not also say  there is dream time,  waking dream time, and time that is transcendent to both,  or are those just measurements of the same thing or are those things different altogether?   Time for human beings is often measured by the revolution of the earth on its axis's and around our sun, etc..  We also have sayings like 1 human year equals 7 dog years and then are some insects that only live for hours or angels and gods that live for thousands or millions of years going by our time....which I'd say is kind of being humanly egocentric about time.

Maybe we take space for granted since there can be no space without time, so the when cosmic cycle ends and before it starts again what becomes of all space/time and thus all forms and beings?  Some say the big crunch:

images.jpg.85e55882ddaf4a6bb22c301e65bde5c9.jpg

Edited by old3bob

"In eternity everything that has been actualized continues to be actualized and everything non-actualized continues to remain non-actualized. Eternity, however, is only a plane crossed by the line of time. At every point of this line there remains a certain number of non-actualized possibilities. If we imagine the line of the actualization of these possibilities, they will proceed along radii issuing from one point at different angles to the line of time and the line of eternity. These lines will proceed outside eternity, outside the five-dimensional space, in 'higher eternity' or in six-dimensional space, in the sixth dimension.

"The sixth dimension is the line of the actualization of all possibilities.

"The fifth dimension is the line of the eternal existence or repetition of the actualized possibilities.

"The fourth dimension is the sequence of the moments of the actualization of one possibility.

"As I have said, seven dimensions, from zero-dimension to the sixth dimension, constitute the full period of dimensions. Beyond this period there is either nothing or the same period may repeat itself on another scale."

- Ouspenskii

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Invisible Acropolis said:

I like Mr. O and what he worked on and shared with the "fragments"; it's hard to imagine all those great upheavals in Russia and with its people during the early 1900's and how he made a go of it !

Sign in to follow this