Johndoe

Wim Hof hemorrhoids

Sounds true and I've felt better since doing this. The question though concerns already existing hemorrhoids. I really doubt the method causes them to a healthy person since I found no reference to the issue in most relevant places. 

• Like 1

Tightening of the pelvic muscles in yoga, if you mean the ashwini mudra...no breath retention, just normal breathing. Breath retention during the tightening and release is used only for certain yogic or kriya practices. 

• Like 1

I was talking about Mula Bandha which I think goes with breath retention. They seem similar don't they? But I really don't know anything about this stuff. 

You are right. Mula bandha....by retaining the breath during Ashwini mudra you will be locking in (bandha) the root chakra and physical openings, hence the flow/loss of energy outside decreases.

Edited by Bhathen
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 12:12 PM, Johndoe said:

not meant for a person with weak constitution

Bingo. Wim had trained Kung Fu and Hatha Yoga to a high level before coming up with his method.  Yogic methods that are even remotely similar would require a huge amount of prerequisite training.

The other issue is...method for what? It's not part of a complete system, it's just a way to make you really tough. Very popular with "bio hacking" types. So the question is, what do you really want?

Honestly, there is a ton of free Hatha Yoga on YouTube, that would be a great foundation for any other practice you might want to engage in. Deep abdominal breathing and mindfulness of the whole body while doing challenging poses that require whole body strength and flexibility, but core strength in particular, is just about the best foundation you can have IMO.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2023 at 7:14 PM, Johndoe said:

Do you have the same opinion on the cold exposure part of the practice? 

I can answer that:D

Some time ago I made a post here about the LDT, and in the middle of it we started talking about cold exposure, and I think we answered that question pretty well. 

Here's the link: 

It's 5 pages of content, we talk about cold exposure in the first page only. 

But if you are into LDT, Jing and Qi concepts it's full of knowledge there from our fellow bums!:D

A quick spoiler: Don't do it(cold exposure) unless your master/teacher/sifu says so. But I find it helpful for you to read the arguments there, because we also mention the Wim Hof Method a lot.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

Thanks I'll check it out. I have seen many places where they are against it and understand why. Although not warming the water with a boiler in your shower (letting it have it's natural temperature) is not the same as using ice cubes or swimming in frozen lakes or whatever. 

• Like 1