Son Goku

Indus valley; five or six thousand years ago. Anyone got info?

In the indus valley five or six thousand years ago, the male and female masters (mostly of the Shaivite Tantric tradition I believe) were in a majestic spiritual renaissance. I've heard that there are direct historical facts linking this renaissance to the future development of certain Taoist practices, and Chan buddhism

in China and the entire Vajrayana/dzogchen/mahamudra teachings of Tibet. I'm most attracted to these kind of writtings/teachings/masters (or similar types from any where in the world that I might have yet to discover, that would also give a powerfully direct way to unlock the secret of the human being in an experiential way) and thought I 'd see if anyone on this forum would like to talk about it.

-Son

This site has a lot of detailed information:

Vajrayana Research Resource

The Chakrasamvara and Kalachakra sections have extensive discussion on the links between Shavism and Vajrayana.

Enjoy!

Edited by rex

This site has a lot of detailed information:

Vajrayana Research Resource

The Chakrasamvara and Kalachakra sections have extensive discussion on the links between Shavism and Vajrayana.

Enjoy!

thanks Rex,

There was a historian (i forgot the name, but i could get it if anyone wants it)

who went as far as to say that Tibetan Buddhism is Shavism in disguise.

thanks Rex,

There was a historian (i forgot the name, but i could get it if anyone wants it)

who went as far as to say that Tibetan Buddhism is Shavism in disguise.

The similarities are striking even down to sharing the same Vedic model of the universe. There is a story about Dudjom Rinpoche who on being asked what the difference was between Hindu and Buddhist tantra replied 'Bodichitta'.

The similarities are striking even down to sharing the same Vedic model of the universe. There is a story about Dudjom Rinpoche who on being asked what the difference was between Hindu and Buddhist tantra replied 'Bodichitta'.

Yes, amongst the concept of anicca (impermanence), dukkha (unsatisfactoriness) and anatta (non-self), but the most essential one is that there is no continuum of awareness; hence an eternal immutable soul or Atman as Hinduism proclaims.

There is no doubt about that due to blasting effect of anicca on anything contained within Samsara.

Regards.

:)

OK ALL!!!! Check this out!-

(I love this topic so far.)

I have plenty to say about all this-

but I'll keep it relatively simple.

During a time of 'flourishing illumination' when many people were becoming great masters and saints in Asia.

There were some Buddhists, Shavites, Taoists, Sufis and people of other various traditions, that were so far beyond the limitations of sect and conjured belief, that they could freely exchange, teach, and transmit to each other understanding that the truth lies beyond religion and is ultimately the same for everyone-

COMPLETELY LIMITLESS, NON-LINEAR, AND WITH ENDLESS POSSIBILITY