daojones

Stellate Ganglion Block for PTSD

8 hours ago, daojones said:

Curious to know if anybody has experience getting a stellate ganglion block for ptsd?

https://daveasprey.com/stellate-ganglion-block-ptsd/

I saw in this article the dr also hydrodissected the vagus nerve which also seems like that would be very beneficial.

Hi! 😊

I think such things are for people who do not want to do inner work.... for all the others trauma can be an immense growth factor given one works in a supportive setting with one of the great somatic modalities available. 

Things like EMDR

Somatic experiencing 

EP (embodied processing)

KI (Kiloby inquiries)

Irene Lyons work (a very effective mixture of different somatic pratices).

Etc 

Because with these medical interventions you learn nothing about your physiology, how to process emotions, how to get into contact with your body etc. 

• Like 1

All good recommendations, but 

I think such things are for people who do not want to do inner work....

I guess you haven't dealt with higher level complex problems.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 3:03 AM, daojones said:

All good recommendations, but 

I guess you haven't dealt with higher level complex problems.

The methods that person mentioned can be pretty good, and the modality I'm somewhat familiar with (EMDR) is fairly complex, and high level. However you need a professional for it, and one trained specifically to deal w your issues.

re the method you mentioned: I don't think Dave Asprey is a trustworthy source of info. Dude's an online marketer type feller. Many of these methods are in their infancy, it might better to just wait. It's likely he's just popularizing stuff that's linked in some way to helping him make $$$. Not to mention, the "Vagus Nerve" stuff really oversimplifies the neuroscience and biology from what I've read. Hydrodissection seems to have nothing much to do w the vagus nerve from some googling? It seems to be a method for dealing with compressed nerves. I think he's just speculating here, considering the vagus nerve is a huge wellness fad right now.

@yeq88

Agreed on Dave Asprey. His materials require discernment there are good and bad in what he promotes. That being said these blocks are commonly done, so it's not really avante garde at this point in time. He doesn't make money off of this, as it's done in office by doctors.

I've done EMDR with little effect because there was underlying medical issues that weren't resolved, including nerve compression in head/neck.

Yes, hydrodissection done for compressed nerves. What it really is is they shoot some medication at the nerve. In this case it's usually dextrose for the vagus nerve, but I think the underlying idea is that it stimulates the nerve as well. Same concept is use for nerve neuralgias. 

• Like 1