LUXAleX

Recommendable and not legit systems

2 hours ago, kakapo said:

There is a grounding rod, a grounding wire, and a grounding rod nut.

The rod is driven deep into the earth, leaving only a small bit exposed.

A grounding rod nut secures the wire.

The wire is run inside the home.

Some people use an unpainted metal chair.

Some people use a large flat sheet of chainmail over a cushion.

Some people use a cooking sheet.

I'm sure there are countless variations on this.

I don't know of anyone in our group who sits with a wire in their bum, though.

Thanks for the clarification. Do you feel a big difference when you practice grounded vs ungrounded?

18 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

Thanks for the clarification. Do you feel a big difference when you practice grounded vs ungrounded?

I've only ever meditated and trained while grounded.

I can tell you I don't sleep as well though without being grounded.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

Just now, Pak_Satrio said:

Interesting. How does it work for sleeping? You have a metal bed frame?

Grounding strap.

7 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Can you or someone in your group also light a LED when grounded?

For the demonstration to work, the only thing grounding the body is one of the terminals of the LED.

The other terminal of the LED touches the grounding rod.

If the demonstration is done barefoot, etc., it does not work.

I am sure John could probably do this demonstration barefoot, however.

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suppose there is no hidden device. Then if the electrical power is generated inside the body grounding the body at the feet, touching one terminal of the LED with a hand and connecting the other terminal of the LED to the ground should only be helpful in lighting up the LED. So it seems that the electrical power is reaching the body from somewhere else, and would simply be drained away into the ground when you try to do the demonstration grounded. This suggests that the body is acting as some sort of receiver.

Edited by wandelaar

39 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Suppose there is no hidden device. Then if the electrical power is generated inside the body grounding the body at the feet, touching one terminal of the LED with a hand and connecting the other terminal of the LED to the ground should only be helpful in lighting up the LED. So it seems that the electrical power is reaching the body from somewhere else, and would simply be drained away into the ground when you try to do the demonstration grounded. This suggests that the body is acting as some sort of receiver.

You are welcome to interpret it that way.

We tried a FM dipole antenna and others, but they had no effect on the LED in the wilderness.

I believe that staying away from any power lines or electronic devices is key.

If you do this near high-voltage devices, I am sure you will get enough EMF bleeding over to skew the results.

Edited by kakapo

I don't know what will happen in the wilderness, and I don't plan to investigate it either. Every investigation has its limits. Trying to do everything at once will only result in accomplishing nothing. John Chang - if I remember well - did a demonstration with a LED in a hotel room, and that's comparable to where I live now. So doing my experiments at home is very relevant, and that's what I will do.

Furthermore my engineer's interpretation of the facts you provided regarding grounding is completely independent (logically speaking) from the investigations with LED's that I plan to do myself.

15 hours ago, kakapo said:

As to John hiding a negative ion generator and a 9-volt battery on the back of one of the researchers, rest assured that didn't happen.

Also, these negative ion generator devices were not available in the early 1990s, to the best of my knowledge.

A negative ion generator is not necessary. In the video I posted above from Randi, circa 1995, the device in that case was a "small battery-powered device worn on the body that develops very high voltage at very low amperage, that can be directed from the body of the performer to anything that’s at a lower potential than he is. It’s a form of Tesla coil, and it’s very effective." 

The bottom line is: 1) John did not demonstrate the criteria you propose (i.e. open to all skeptics/professional debunkers, involving being naked, involving being handcuffed for some reason) and 2) John's video is inconclusive at best, as any video would be. You appear to claim that it could not be faked, but it can and has been faked. 

Of course, there are many other problems with the "Western" Mo Pai system, not the least of which is that it is considered dangerous and incomplete by at least two Westerners who knew John personally (Kostas and Jim M). 

• Haha 1

Moderator Note:

Mo Pai (or any other derivatives thereof) are strictly prohibited. Any further discussions referencing Mo Pai related stuff will be immediately and unceremoniously locked and pitted.

19 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Are discussions of experiments concerning the lighting up of LED's also forbidden now?

If it references Mo Pai, then yes.

Looks like we have to find a Chi Gong master from another lineage who has some demonstration video's out of lighting up a LED so that we can proceed with discussing the (supposed) electrical Chi phenomenon without referencing MoPai...?

• Like 2

Moderator Note:

As promised, the thread is now locked. Anyone making any Mo Pai posts will be banned. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1