Sign in to follow this  
forestofemptiness

Kundalini Yoga By the Book

A by the book explanation and experiment in Kundalini Yoga. Swami T was a student of Swami Dayananda, and also a well versed practitioner of meditation. He is an Advaita Vedanta teacher. 

Here, he examined the source materials in Sanskrit related to kundalini yoga and tries it out for several weeks. Interesting takes on the subject. He explains what is and what is not in the ancient source material and outlines a basic practice model. 

• Like 7

I agree with the notion of kundalini, but I don’t agree with - Waking the sleeping serpent by hitting it with a stick. A very masculine approach. Kundalini is female, beating the female element is no way to get her to do what you want. Creating a place that she wants to be is a more appropriate approach. IME she wants a cleared heart and a female polarity in the head, something like earth in the place of heaven, and heaven in the place of earth. 

he brought up some good info in the video but his brief mention of Gopi Krishna, who recounted some of his experience's with Kundalini in the book displayed in this video was very short,  for instance the word "harrowing" was mentioned once before he quickly moved on??  I mention that because a major part of that book goes into the fact that Kundalini can go bad, very bad as Gopi Krishna describes in a lot of detail about what happened to him.  (as some others have also had happen, so buyer beware)  Btw. I'd say there is only a very, very small percentage of people that are truly qualified to deal with, teach and be responsible concerning this form of yoga, namely a Sat Guru,  which is a designation and meaning pointing far beyond that of many yogi's or gurus that have less qualification.  (and again there are some who co-opt that designation without being qualified for it)

Edited by old3bob

3 hours ago, old3bob said:

he brought up some good info in the video but his brief mention of Gopi Krishna, who recounted some of his experience's with Kundalini in the book displayed in this video was very short,  for instance the word "harrowing" was mentioned once before he quickly moved on??  I mention that because a major part of that book goes into the fact that Kundalini can go bad, very bad as Gopi Krishna describes in a lot of detail about what happened to him.  (as some others have also had happen, so buyer beware)  Btw. I'd say there is only a very, very small percentage of people that are truly qualified to deal with, teach and be responsible concerning this form of yoga, namely a Sat Guru,  which is a designation and meaning pointing far beyond that of many yogi's or gurus that have less qualification.  (and again there are some who co-opt that designation without being qualified for it)

Did Gopi Krishna recount any benefits from kundalini being released (in the long term)? I have come to the conclusion that waking and raising kundalini is the ultimate requirement, but how it’s done makes all the difference. 

55 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Did Gopi Krishna recount any benefits from kundalini being released (in the long term)? I have come to the conclusion that waking and raising kundalini is the ultimate requirement, but how it’s done makes all the difference. 

yes he did, but I haven't read that book in several decades.  Result might be better in meaning than requirement,  thus if all factors involved in or with our being  are done in spiritual ways the best result will be possible.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this