Shugyo

When the student is ready...

53 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Today, I am planning to match my   spear against  a tai-chi sword  .

"Excellent!" :lol:

Yeah, I thought those Bondi Boys were being very polite, considering... ;)

.... if there had been some 'boys' watching us earlier , they might have changed their mind  ' about having a go' - training accident .... there was blood .  Oooops .  :(

• Haha 2

方欲性命以雙修,須仗法財而兩用。先結同心為輔佐,次覓巨室以良圖。

If you want to practice both Xin and Min gong together, you must first have the method and money, find someone with the same idea to practice with, and then find a big house for good use.

It has been mentioned before that you need to practice movement gong, which requires a large venue. Lu Zu himself also practiced swordsmanship, which is also a kind of exercise.

The method is mainly aimed at people with poor talent, as a way to make up for the loss of the body.

Money is mainly to practice these need stable financial sources of life, if you are worried about or busy with financial resources every day, it will be difficult to practice.

People who think the same way are mainly a mutual encouragement.
A person walks faster, but a group of people can go farther.

如果要開始性功和命功都一起練,要先有法有錢財,要找同樣想法的人一起練,然後尋找大的房子作為好的運用。

前面就有提過要練動功,動功則需要大的場地。呂洞賓自己也有練劍,也是一種動功。

方法主要是針對天賦較差的人,作為彌補身體的虧損之用。

錢財主要是練習這些需要穩定的生活經濟來源,如果每天都為經濟來源而擔心或者忙碌,就很難修煉了。

同樣想法的人,主要是一種互相鼓勵的作用。
一個人走比較快,可是一群人可以走得比較遠。

Edited by awaken

然欲希世之妙道,必須密叩於玄關。

However, if you want to practice this wonderful way that is rarely seen in the world, you must knock at Xiuan Goung.

Xiuan Goung appears along with the wood.
Gold and wood are the second yin and yang, and they are also the yin and yang who started to enter the Tao.
Xiuan Goung does not exist in the stage of water and fire.
So practicing water and fire is to open Xiuan Goung.

So when you see someone who is in the stage of Qi training, but claims that Xiuan Goung exists, you should quickly stay away from this person.

玄關是跟著木一起出現的。
金和木是第二個陰陽,也是開始入道的陰陽。
玄關在水和火階段,是不存在的。
所以練水和火是為了要打開玄關。

所以當你看到有人處於練氣的階段,卻聲稱玄關存在,你就要趕緊遠離這個人。

If you communicate too closely with people who hold wrong ideas, you will easily be misled. The best way is to stay away from such people completely.

和抱著錯誤的觀念的人,有太密切的思想交流,容易會被誤導。最好的辦法,是完全遠離這樣的人。

Everyone has the same amount of time each day, and instead of spending time with people who think differently, it is better to spend time with yourself and your peers.

每個人每天的時間長度是一樣的,與其花時間在思想不同的人身上,不如把時間花在自己和同伴身上。

Edited by awaken

On 12/22/2022 at 3:28 PM, Wilhelm said:

Did you find learning breathing methods or other physical techniques from texts difficult though?  There's obvious a very physical 'skill-based' facet to the arts that can be hard to track down discernable instructions for, and then you've got to puzzle out whether you're getting the correct result...

Well, let me put it this way. Our lungs work the same way. There is no reason for everybody to breathe differently. The only difference is how much effort one puts into it. How to breathe efficiently we can find in books and on the internet or some Qigong masters.

I had improved my breathing problem by practicing Taiji. Taiji is a self-improve method in breathing. Breathing improves automatically during the course of diligent practice year after year.

I have only learned why and how it works from the old tradition writings and modern science. Thus, the old tradition writings tells how, and modern science tells why. I was intrigued by the result before I was looking into the reason why. 

Edited by ChiDragon

The method of breathing is never a problem, there is no need to learn it at all.

All you need is to move with your body.
The breath follows the body.

When the body's yang energy reaches its limit, it will slowly enter the yin state.
Repeated exercise of yin and yang, one can enter the realm of Tao.

The best method I have found so far is to move along the body's sense of qi, that is, spontaneous gong.
Spontaneous power can allow a person to easily enter the realm of gold and wood within a hundred days.

呼吸的方法從來不是問題,根本不需要學習。

需要的只是順著身體去動而已。
呼吸是跟著身體的。

當身體的陽氣發揮到了極限,就會慢慢進入陰的狀態。
反覆陰陽的鍛鍊,就能夠進入道的領域。

我目前找到最好的方法是順著身體的氣感移動,也就是自發功。
自發功可以讓一個人在一百天之內,輕易的進入金和木的領域。

For a beginner, learning to breathe is never necessary, on the contrary, learning how to breathe is very easy to cause obstacles.

Let Shen exercise in the repetition of yin and yang, which is the key to entering the Tao.

If you can see through this point, it is very easy to enter the Tao.

對一個初學者來說,學習呼吸從來都不是必要的事情,相反的,學習呼吸方法非常容易造成障礙。

讓神在陰陽反覆之中鍛鍊,才是入道的關鍵。

如果這一點能夠看透,要入道是非常容易的。

So I mentioned in another topic on Shangde(upper virtue) that if you practice for a hundred days, you still cannot enter Shangde.
You must consider whether you have been seriously misled.

所以我在另外一個上德的主題提到,如果練了一百天還無法進入上德。
就必須要考慮是否被嚴重誤導了。

The Book of Changes (E-Gin)makes it very clear that one yin and one yang are the Tao.
The Book of Changes never said that breathing is Dao, right?

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Normally, if a person has practiced in the correct way for a hundred days, such a light should appear.

擇善地,慎事之機密

Choose a good place, keep things secret

If a person wants to practice, he must be alone and in a relatively quiet environment, otherwise he will be easily disturbed and distracted.

And at the beginning, you must start with dynamic exercises, so you need a lot of space to allow your feet to move freely.

When I first started to rotate, fortunately, I had a field as big as a football field, so I could safely go through the strong rotation.

一個人要修煉的話,必須自己單獨一個人,並且在相對安靜的環境之下,否則容易受到打擾而不專心。

而且剛開始必須是從動功開始,因此需要廣大的空間,讓雙腳可以自由地移動。

我剛開始產生旋轉動作的時候,幸好有一塊跟足球場一樣大的場地,才可以平安的度過強烈的旋轉。

置丹房,器皿之相當

Set up the alchemy room and prepare suitable equipment

After the exercise is done, you must enter the static exercise. At this time, indoor space is needed, because there will inevitably be other disturbances in the outdoor space for practicing exercises.

動功練完,要進入靜功。這時候就需要室內的空間,因為練動功的室外空間難免還是有其他干擾。

安爐立鼎,配內外兩個陰陽

An furnace and a tripod, with two yin and yang inside and outside

The cauldron is the entrance(Xiuan Goung).
There are two yin and yang, one is water and fire, and the other is metal and wood.

Water and fire are the materials to open the entrance.
After opening the porch(Xiuan Goung), mental and wood is produced, and alchemy begins.