Apech

Bumbling along in the substrate consciousness

Respect to all ….

314370115_507414704763556_4701381143320976035_n.jpeg.74879ac6a442ad5746acddd46123b5ad.jpeg

I don't think there really is something separate called the alaya or substrate consciousness … it's just that whatever we call consciousness (and even that is up for debate) has this quality of being able to store form, energy and feeling arising from past experiences. It's an empirical fact that if we close our eyes and just sit for a while all sorts of images, scenes, thoughts, feelings and emotions come bubbling up.

So in effect, whether we want it or not, we live partly with the immediately 'real' – what we would call the external environment (or something similar) and also a ghost-world of resonances and reverberations, mood and influence.

Why? Why should this be? Does it serve any purpose? I mean, when we learn from other threads on here that a man can train himself to suck milk up his penis – why would a fleeting feeling drifting in the wind matter at all? Does it matter that we dream? Does it matter that we interface with a chaos of form in shamanic trance states? Does anything matter?

Why, beyond all, do we find ourselves bumbling along in the substrate? Especially when we are told it is all delusion.

If we woke, would we still dream? And then why do we dream of waking anyway? I would that one day I should wake … then why do I sleep at all? An aspiration is a kind of dream. Let us then pray for something perfect.

If I were to work at all it would be on this. Immortality.

If I were not to work … I would sip wine … by mouth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apech said:

Respect to all ….

314370115_507414704763556_4701381143320976035_n.jpeg.74879ac6a442ad5746acddd46123b5ad.jpeg

I don't think there really is something separate called the alaya or substrate consciousness … it's just that whatever we call consciousness (and even that is up for debate) has this quality of being able to store form, energy and feeling arising from past experiences. It's an empirical fact that if we close our eyes and just sit for a while all sorts of images, scenes, thoughts, feelings and emotions come bubbling up.

So in effect, whether we want it or not, we live partly with the immediately 'real' – what we would call the external environment (or something similar) and also a ghost-world of resonances and reverberations, mood and influence.

Why? Why should this be? Does it serve any purpose? I mean, when we learn from other threads on here that a man can train himself to suck milk up his penis – why would a fleeting feeling drifting in the wind matter at all? Does it matter that we dream? Does it matter that we interface with a chaos of form in shamanic trance states? Does anything matter?

Why, beyond all, do we find ourselves bumbling along in the substrate? Especially when we are told it is all delusion.

If we woke, would we still dream? And then why do we dream of waking anyway? I would that one day I should wake … then why do I sleep at all? An aspiration is a kind of dream. Let us then pray for something perfect.

If I were to work at all it would be on this. Immortality.

If I were not to work … I would sip wine … by mouth.

Meh .... what is the point of it all !   I have done everything under the Sun ( that I wanted to do ) and I declare there is no more purpose and joy and satisfaction  than doing a good days work * , and at the end of that day , sit back and look at that work you have achieved , relax and have some wine  (or beer )  .    Since all is transitory , of course 'the achievement' is not what 'matters'  ..... it's the good feeling  ;)

* and of course by 'work'  I mean doing  one's 'Great Work'  

:huh:... what if  .... we , 'life' , are a freaky unusual and unique occurance in the Universe  ..... if Earth has the only things alive in  the whole Universe ?   Throughout all the Universe ...... no other life . Then,  just a moment of  fleeting life/consciousness of any individual is an unfathomable gift and experience  .... even that might be enough 'purpose' for some  ?

921be32832b08b0a6bfa1cc424e05cb5--happy-

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1