FarangLao

Newbie to the forum here...just saying Hello

Mainly practicing Buddhist meditation but have an interest in many types of meditation and traditions.

I would very much like to get a teacher in Dzogchen if possible but I would love to find some Daoist practices to enhance my meditation and energetic body connection/awareness.

Nei Gong and/or Chi Gong recommendations would be great.

I practice Chi Nei Tsang massage almost daily for wellbeing and have done so for many years.

I also practice Ritzu Zen from Taiki-ken training I had in Japan many years ago.

Australian but lived close to twenty years in Thailand.

Looking forward to learning here.

cheers,

Seb

Edited by FarangLao
spelling error
  • Like 3

Farang? You live in Thailand?

Qigong: Flying Phoenix, or anything from John Dolic.

www.taichimania.com and www.qigongchinesehealth.com

Neigong: www.authenticneigong.com

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

I second this. These are all you need

You can check out the threads on Flying Phoenix and Authentic Neigong here for more info!

Edited by Pak_Satrio
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Welcome to the bums FarangLao.

Thanks for the welcome Ilumairen. I have tried to be a bum most of my life and mostly succeeded so hopefully I should fit right in here 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

G'day Earl Grey,

I have been living back in Australia since May last year. Covid killed my ability to earn a living in Thailand and my parents are in their 80's and needed a hand with renovating their house so I came back. I will most likely be returning to Thailand sometime early to mid next year. However, I have been living in Thailand pretty much fulltime since 2000.

Thanks for the Qigong and Neigong links I will check them out tonight.

I did see a gentleman by the name of Damo Mitchell advertising a Neigong program online also.....any advice on his material/teaching?

3 hours ago, Pak_Satrio said:

I second this. These are all you need

You can check out the threads on Flying Phoenix and Authentic Neigong here for more info!

Thanks for the endorsement P_S. I will check out the threads you have suggested. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarangLao said:

did see a gentleman by the name of Damo Mitchell advertising a Neigong program online also.....any advice on his material/teaching?

He's popular in a lot of circles and I have friends who do his practice and swear by it, but I personally don't endorse him and go with the one I linked instead.

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

He's popular in a lot of circles and I have friends who do his practice and swear by it, but I personally don't endorse him and go with the one I linked instead.

I am just checking John Dolic out at the moment. He seems very genuine and has quite a unique repertoire.

7 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Sorry if I am message bombing you Earl Grey. I have just spent a couple of hours looking at John Dolic's stuff. He looks very accomplished. I also had a look at some of the FP which looks great too. Thank you very much for the links.

I would be looking for something to help cultivate chi for health and with specific regards to aiding meditational insight 

I also have found his dream / sleep yoga to be rather fascinating.

Since I have seen you are a close friend and student of John Dolic would you perhaps be able to give me any of your own personal insights as to which type(s) of qi gong he teaches would be compatible/recommended for my needs?

Also the FP looks great too ..... are both FP and the type of Qi Gong John Dolic teaches compatible?

Lastly, if you have the time or inclination ...Are practicing Qi Gong (say that of FP and/or John Dolic's methods) and Nei Gong  compatible or contra indicated?

Sorry again for all the questions ....and I will of course be contacting Mr.Dolic directly sometime in the very near future.

3 minutes ago, Pak_Satrio said:

John Dolic is in Australia too!

Yes that is fortunate. He is about a 1000kms away but he has online programs and at least meeting would be an option down the road for some face to face if needed. 

• Like 1

would you perhaps be able to give me any of your own personal insights as to which type(s) of qi gong he teaches would be compatible/recommended for my needs?

Best to ask him because I don't know your needs or your current health state, or what you are looking for. Otherwise, send a PM because this is private info you don't want publicly posted as you will get swarmed by opportunists.

are both FP and the type of Qi Gong John Dolic teaches compatible?

Yes, with the exception of Fragrant qigong.

.Are practicing Qi Gong (say that of FP and/or John Dolic's methods) and Nei Gong  compatible or contra indicated?

Depends on the qigong you do. I don't recommend some of the sleeping qigong exercises from Dolic if you do the neigong recommended as the big body practice is incompatible, but everything else works fine. Don't do Fragrant from Dolic either with the neigong I recommended. Everything else is just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:59 AM, Earl Grey said:

Best to ask him because I don't know your needs or your current health state, or what you are looking for. Otherwise, send a PM because this is private info you don't want publicly posted as you will get swarmed by opportunists.

Yes, with the exception of Fragrant qigong.

Depends on the qigong you do. I don't recommend some of the sleeping qigong exercises from Dolic if you do the neigong recommended as the big body practice is incompatible, but everything else works fine. Don't do Fragrant from Dolic either with the neigong I recommended. Everything else is just fine.

Thanks again Earl Grey...I have PM'd you as suggested.

• Like 1