Sign in to follow this  
AE84

Round and Round I go. Just ride my vibe.

What's up people?

I was doin some searches on the "Eight Immortals" and came across this board. My search started about the "drunken style", which is interesting to me. To get that idea, I was reading a book about Martial Arts and Management....kinda wierd ha? Its good......

Anyway, I was raised Catholic, but for about 3 years now I've been looking for something. I was in Montana and watched a movie about humans being people of light....I can't remember the title.....but while I was there I did some reading on the chakras and buddhism.....I also went on a nice hike before I left and meditated in the woods....

I spent time in New Mexico reading more about religion and came across an audio book of "The Teachings of don Juan" as well as "A Separate Reality" by Carlos Castaneda. Both intrigued me. More importantly though, in that time I started out living on a ranch on a reservation. It was beautiful....middle of red dirt and mountains. I saw coyotes, deer, elk.....and cows of course......

I moved to the city, and that's where I began to fast. I brought up alot of my athletic mindset. I played soccer and baseball throughout childhood and learned alot about discipline and perseverance. I feel like sports, martial arts and military training are in essence all one in the same.....in the end it all comes down to discipline....right?.......

Anyway, this ain't my life story.....but I'm 23,I got kerataconus (bad eyes), an aeortic bi-cuspid valve (bad heart) and have experienced an odd "pain" for a year or so. I'm scared of the doctors...haha. I'm mainly an artist. I'm a writer and a musician and I'm very insterested in learning techniques to help me become healthy and comfortable with life.

Do any of you know any mp3's I can download to listen to for meditation and practicing techniques..

I appreciate any help and advice. Look forward to meeting you all.

Peace and God Bless

Hi Guy,

A source for very deep (and free) mp3 guided meditations is Abardoncompanion.com by Rawn Clark. His system is loosely based on Franz Bardons Hermetics, but I see many similarities to Taoist concepts within it.

His CSM, Center of Stillness Meditation is an excellent example of sealing the senses and getting into deep quiet. The Archaeous series is an indepth lesson on experiencing Hermetics element theory and how it peels back layers of being. I find the Archaeous series works beautifully to support standing meditation. Definitely worth a listen to IMHO.

There's a discussion on Carlos going on in the Book Club section :)

Yours

Michael

Awesome, thanks guys. I really appreciate that.

I'll check out the book club next!

Sign in to follow this