lightminefire

Dantian vs Dhammakaya light 💡 orb

On 11/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, silent thunder said:

i've been experiencing mild to strong magnetic pulsation, a stirring or pulsation of intense bliss and bouyancy and a sensation of liquid flowing that is centered on this location for many years.  It arises and ceases tzujan (of itself) without my prompting or seeking and i do not use local awareness toward it in any way other than observing it.  i do not seek to hinder, nor bolster it... my only action is to release into awareness of it and allow it to be as it is.

There were times on retreat with Wang Liping where it became so intense it blotted out all other phenomenon or noumenon in awareness and made following or attempting the formal praxis or placing awareness on anything else, impossible.

Must be too much pal -gye mental form! Ha ha. I was at CMQ lake street school 77-83. Quite an experience. Nice to meet a fellow traveler. Cheers!

In Tibet there're also many variations of this kind of tecnichs in tantrism. For example from Chalachakra or from the Six dharmas of Naropa. Usually they focus on chakras, like the one at the Hara, but also the Heart and others. The main difference I see is that the focus here is above the navel and not under it... for the rest is very similar. There's algo some tantric tradition in Japan (Shingon) with similar practices.

They usually are a lot more complex, being that just the first steps... 

Buddhism has esoteric and non-esoteric traditions. Tantrism usually is esoteric (so closed before initiation).

Said that, there's some old traditional Manual for the theravada esoteric tradition online:

https://ia904708.us.archive.org/4/items/in.ernet.dli.2015.68417/2015.68417.Manual-Of-A-Mystic.pdf

Edited by tao.te.kat
  • Thanks 1