treebuffalo

What Would a Taoist World Look Like?

I think the answer I was looking for lies in the subtle paradox running throughout the DDJ: the way of nature is not a definable thing. But that is our purpose in life: to define things. So we must live with the paradox of trying to understand our world despite the world being beyond understanding.

So what does a "taoist" world look like? I think this might be it. Like everything around us, it's a paradox, and cannot be solved. Will it get better? Probably. Will it get worse? Probably. Will we all eventually die? Yes.  

Why would it be our purpose in life to define things? The way of Lao tzu and Chuang tzu would rather have us stop learning sooner than later because there is no end to the acquisition of (useless) knowledge and this can easily become an obsession. I have to admit that I'm having a hard time putting this advise into practice as I'm curious about all sorts of things...

Edited by wandelaar

1 hour ago, wandelaar said:

… I'm having a hard time putting this advise into practice as I'm curious about all sorts of things...

I have the same problem. <_<

• Like 1

On 2022/5/8 at 5:03 AM, Cobie said:

Taoism became the state religion under the reign of the emperor Xuanzong … still considered one of the most prosperous and stable in the history of China and the high point of the Tang Dynasty. 

https://www.worldhistory.org/Taoism/ 

In the early half of his reign he was a diligent and astute ruler. … his late reign ending in the An Lushan Rebellion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Xuanzong_of_Tang

安祿山的叛亂和六祖壇經很有關係

因為六祖壇經的原作者神會和尚,在安祿山叛亂之中,選擇了成功的政治立場

因此神會和尚成功的將自己的思想代換了禪宗的思想

導致禪宗到今日為止都無法回歸到正軌

An Lushan's rebellion has a lot to do with the Sixth Patriarch's Altar Sutra

Because the original author of the Sixth Patriarch's Altar Sutra, the monk Shenhui, chose a successful political position during the An Lushan Rebellion

Therefore, the monk Shenhui successfully replaced his thoughts with the thoughts of Zen Buddhism.

As a result, Zen Buddhism has not been able to return to the right track until today.

On 2022/5/11 at 12:49 AM, treebuffalo said:

I think the answer I was looking for lies in the subtle paradox running throughout the DDJ: the way of nature is not a definable thing. But that is our purpose in life: to define things. So we must live with the paradox of trying to understand our world despite the world being beyond understanding.

So what does a "taoist" world look like? I think this might be it. Like everything around us, it's a paradox, and cannot be solved. Will it get better? Probably. Will it get worse? Probably. Will we all eventually die? Yes.  

道家的思想跟道家的修煉有絕對的關係

而道家的修煉已經被搬運法嚴重的扭曲了

Taoist thought has an absolute relationship with Taoist cultivation.

And Taoist practice has been seriously distorted by the transport method.

On 2022/5/9 at 2:57 AM, Sketch said:

Thought I was clearer.  The external Alchemy that led to both numerous poisonings and ultimately to TCM was not at a point that reflected well on Daoist  thought  during the Tang dynasty, by modern lights.

這應該是葛洪那一派的

葛紅這派目前已經沒什麼人相信了

但是符錄派和搬運法派依然有很多信眾

This should be from Ge Hong's faction.

Ge Hong's faction has no one to believe it.

However, there are still many believers in the Fulu School and the Transporting Law School.

On 2022/5/9 at 5:23 AM, Michael Sternbach said:

Personally, I think that alchemy, TCM, and Daoism in general all have their roots in a far older body of wisdom and knowledge; the 'ancient sages' that are mentioned with reverence in some Daoist texts!

In a much later time, observations and experiments were conducted in these and related fields, trying to regain the old knowledge based on extant fragments. This didn't always end well, however, as evidenced by those "elixir poisonings" mentioned above... :unsure:

A parallel development can be observed in the occident too, where bits and pieces of most ancient alchemical and other knowledge were being expanded on with varying degrees of success. There too, lack of context and general scientific knowledge sometimes resulted in certain... accidents.

你找不到資料是因為搬運法扭曲了丹道的解說

鉛指的是氣

汞指的是神火

金丹指的是烏兔陰陽交替之後產生的內景

You can't find the information because the transport method distorts the explanation of Dan Dao

lead means  qi

Mercury means shen fire

Jindan refers to the interior scene after the alternation of yin(rabbit marrow) and yang (black liver)

參同契是丹道之祖,不知道為什麼你們沒提到參同契

參同契的內容有一部分是上古傳下來的龍虎經

而參同契則是來自於漢朝

老子道德經當中也有談到谷神真人

Centongqi is the ancestor of Dan Dao, I don't know why you didn't mention it

Part of the content of Centongqi is the Dragon and Tiger Sutra handed down from ancient times.

And Centonqi  is from the Han Dynasty

Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching also talks about Gushen immortal