Dai Zhi Qiang

戴氏心意拳 Dai Shi Xin Yi Quan (ask me anything)

Hi,

I wanted to spread awareness of  戴氏心意拳  Dai Shi Xin Yi Quan (Dai family heart -invention boxing) as I see a lot of misrepresentation recently being spread through certain individuals, who I am not even aware of being certified or holding lineage in this art.

I would like to give individuals an opportunity to ask me questions regarding the art and how to practice it as well as where to go to find proper instruction.

I will give you the link to my blog, where you can read some of the articles I have had translated over the years, so you can get a basic introduction ans understanding of the art.

ww.daixinyi.blogspot.com 

Feel free to ask anything on here or send me anything in pm.

warm regards

Dai Zhi Qiang

Edited by Dai Zhi Qiang
typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dai Zhi Qiang said:

I wanted to spread awareness of  戴氏心意拳  Dai Shi Xin Yi Quan (Dai family heart -invention boxing) as I see a lot of misrepresentation recently being spread through certain individuals, who I am not even aware of being certified or holding lineage in this art.

Who has been misrepresenting here?

13 hours ago, Dai Zhi Qiang said:

Hi,

I would like to give individuals an opportunity to ask me questions regarding the art and how to practice it as well as where to go to find proper instruction.

I will give you the link to my blog, where you can read some of the articles I have had translated over the years, so you can get a basic introduction ans understanding of the art.

ww.daixinyi.blogspot.com 

warm regards

Dai Zhi Qiang

Does your system have a type of Qigong or Neigong?

• Like 1

On 28/04/2022 at 12:47 AM, Dai Zhi Qiang said:

Hi,

ww.daixinyi.blogspot.com 

warm regards

Dai Zhi Qiang

What are your opinions on Wu Zhongxian's daixinyi dvds? I've always been curious on whether the exercises are legitimate and whether there's any benefit im practicing them outside the context of the wider system of daixinyi.

16 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Does your system have a type of Qigong or Neigong?

Yes, it is an internal art, so naturally all of it's principles have, Nei Kung as the foundation.

We also have spefic, Nei Kung sets, practiced in conjunction with the basic, jibenkung (foundation work)

On 29/04/2022 at 5:44 PM, Vajra Fist said:

What are your opinions on Wu Zhongxian's daixinyi dvds? I've always been curious on whether the exercises are legitimate and whether there's any benefit im practicing them outside the context of the wider system of daixinyi.

I did not really come here to bash anyone else, but if you ask my honest opinion about the quality of his movements and some of the statements, he is making, then that is not how I was taught it or understand it.

For one Dai Xin Yi Quan is NOT a Taoist art, there is no substantial proof to prove any of this.

I know he is promoting himself as some Taoist master, so of course he is going to embellish things to suit his needs.

Also his statement that, "Bagua Xin Jing", is the highest practice in Dai style to be honest is surprisingly as for one, I have never, ever heard anyone, anywhere in Qi Xian, Shanxi, refer to these moves by this name, it is actually called "Mojing Mojing" which means polishing and wiping mirrors and is just one of the basic, jibenkung, movements.

(I might add, it is a very good practice if done properly)

His teacher, Zhao Shourong is legit, but as you can read and listen in the video, he does not call that "Mojing Mojing - Bagua Xin Jing, this is Zhongxian Wu's addition.

Sure you can call the preparatory movement (before movement) Wuji Zhuang, if you want to and Taiji (as you start to move) but this has no connection to Taoism, it is just borrowing the terminology.

DXYQ is not a Taoist system of spiritual practice it is a martial art, self development is a by product, not the focus.

https://chinesewisdomtraditions.com/dai-family-xinyi/ (the history is so horribly wrong, I don't know where to start)

I would not waste your time or money on this DVD and would seek out proper instruction.  If you are interested, you can always pm me and I can point you in the right direction.

Edited by Dai Zhi Qiang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/04/2022 at 6:28 PM, Pak_Satrio said:

Who has been misrepresenting here?

Jiang Yu Shan, seems to be the 1st person who comes to mind.

I politely tried to start up a conversation with him, regarding, DXYQ and who he learnt from (I have never, ever heard of anyone migrating to Taiwan to teach or of him going and spending time with anyone there, as in Qi Xian, Shanxi) and he got very defensive and refused to answer anything.  That is a massive red flag in my opinion.

DXYQ is not a widespread type of Kung Fu, it is generally taught in 1 specific place of origin (Qi Xian, Shanxi) and I am aware of who is practising it outside of China (Japan, Russia, USA, NZ etc)

I don't have a problem people teaching themselves from videos etc if that is what they want to do, but I do have a problem with people doing this and then trying to charge unsuspecting victims, literally thousands of USD.

In a thread a while back, I commented on someone who said he had paid for JYS's "internal / external chi kung course" and he recommended standing in "squatting monkey" for a hour and was talking about opening up the microcosmic orbit LOL.

For one, you are dreaming if you think you can sit in squatting monkey for an hour. 

The main objective of that exercise is to develop dantian and in time, be able to use, dantian to drive the force of the limbs etc, this obviously takes years of gruelling practice.

I have seen him on videos attempting to demonstrate some of the DXYQ movements and there is glaring faults everywhere.

I don't care about his "monkey king" status, that is also another story in itself.  Just leave, DXYQ alone LOL

DZQ

Edited by Dai Zhi Qiang
typo
  • Like 4