Son Goku

Chanelling qi through love.

Well pp. 680-2 in the edition I have (Random House, 1934) are especially interesting since he's detailing the tone of voice of females as an indescribably rich identifier of their identity. He gives some examples of things they may or may not say (but still think) depending on their age but still emphasizes that the meaning of the voice is beyond words. I can dig that but still Proust didn't take that clue far enough. haha.

Take care,

drew

Well pp. 680-2 in the edition I have (Random House, 1934) are especially interesting since he's detailing the tone of voice of females as an indescribably rich identifier of their identity. He gives some examples of things they may or may not say (but still think) depending on their age but still emphasizes that the meaning of the voice is beyond words. I can dig that but still Proust didn't take that clue far enough. haha.

Take care,

drew

-vooohh...calls

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/229

Glad that got to you. I watched it about 2 months ago and posted it around a few forums.... Actually saw her book about the stroke, etc. -- on display at B & N downtown Mpls. So I speed read it -- what I found interesting was she claimed that her right brain was much SLOWER than her left-brain. Now that her left-brain is up to speed she can process information much faster. Also she couldn't write with a pen -- since that was a left-brain operation but she could type at a keyboard (albeit slowly) since you use both hands and therefore both sides of the brain.

Anyway that goes with what I was saying about the value of language processing in terms of "speed" -- but I still think the right brain is under-rated for what's called in yoga "direct perception." The concept of "pure consciousness" is not allowed in science -- that there's a substance beyond spacetime which is pure knowledge, or the mystic definition of God, better defined in feminine terms in my opinion. So when you tap into pure consciousness through the right-brain activating the pineal gland (based on autonomic nerve transduction) then the processing of information bypasses the need for relying on language and in fact the "pure consciousness" is then transposed by the brain into images or language.

For example there's a blog called "mindhacks" -- you can google that. Their latest post or recent one is on how people with psychosis but who are bilingual will often have their symptoms dramatically disappear when they are speaking their second language. I know this Russian lady (about my age) whom I was forced to evict from a house (but I gave her a good recommendation so she could move). She wanders around Dinkytown ranting to herself -- in Russian. But I now wonder how English might make her symptoms disappear. I saw her once calmly spending time with other immigrants -- Latinos. So they must have been relying on English and also I seemed to break through with her when speaking in English. The shoebox of empty psychotropic bottles that she left was certainly disturbing along with her behavioral symptoms which others argued endangered their welfare.