Casy

What's a mystic and how to become one?

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

I am well aware Donald of the many 'justifications' for 'religious actions' .  There is no harm in the constant 'blessing'  and/or 'realisation' of  Inshalla.  My comments apply to 'occasionalasists ' as well .... when its used as an excuse . 

These are two very different occasions .     What you say may be valid,  but is it valid ifI punch you in the nose and then say 'God did that .' ?

God set my mind against the Koran, so I am the true follower of God, and the one who is actually correct because my mind is gods mind. Simples. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

( and just to remind people , my first posts on this subject where defending the religion and the good and simple people of Islam , but THIS rubbish needs addressing  - just as I would address similar rubbish claims from any other religion  that was trying to paint itself with such a pure brush !  ) 

you are an apologist for unwarranted, repulsive and inappropriate hate speech...

islamophobes are painting one of the worlds greatest religions black... I refuse to defend islam as it stands on its own, but I can't stand by and participate in  dialog involving hate speech without calling it out...

the usual thing is to take a lot of awful biblical quotations out of mothballs and point out how violent the ancients were...that doubles the offense...

this sort of islamophobia green lights horrible discrimination and people are dying due to this sort of ignorance receiving currency as though it weren't beyond the pale in any legitimate discussion of religion...

it got trump elected...

it will get us all killed, not just the ones marginalized and dehumanized...like the jews in the last century, they are scapegoats and lightning rods for western self hatred...unlike the jews, there are 1.7 billion muslims and more every day...

soon hundreds of millions of poor bangladeshis will try to escape the effects of climate change through migration and hatred will become a tsunami...westerners will encourage india to take a hardline...nuke them... they're not human, not like us; they're muslims...

if pakistan or syria were in europe or christian, they would get some assistance...

15 minutes ago, terry said:

you are an apologist for unwarranted, repulsive and inappropriate hate speech...

Which I note ... you  can not cite .

islamophobes are painting one of the worlds greatest religions black... I refuse to defend islam as it stands on its own, but I can't stand by and participate in  dialog involving hate speech without calling it out...

Look at what I just said above and what you are actually responding to by quoting it  ;  " my first posts on this subject where defending the religion and the good and simple people of Islam "   ... and you respond by calling THAT hate speech .

Idiot !  It was against hate speech  directed at Muslims that I first spoke out here  ! 

the usual thing is to take a lot of awful biblical quotations out of mothballs and point out how violent the ancients were...that doubles the offense...

this sort of islamophobia green lights horrible discrimination and people are dying due to this sort of ignorance receiving currency as though it weren't beyond the pale in any legitimate discussion of religion...

yeah, thats right , people are dying becasue I am criticising certain aspects of Islam here .

While no  else is dying or oppressed  due to Islam's  insane fundamentalist  interpretations;

632dc9502300001a004ff1ac.jpg?ops=1200_63

An-Iranian-woman-symbolic-006.jpg?width=

it got trump elected...

it will get us all killed, not just the ones marginalized and dehumanized...like the jews in the last century, they are scapegoats and lightning rods for western self hatred...unlike the jews, there are 1.7 billion muslims and more every day...

soon hundreds of millions of poor bangladeshis will try to escape the effects of climate change through migration and hatred will become a tsunami...westerners will encourage india to take a hardline...nuke them... they're not human, not like us; they're muslims...

Oh , I  see ... westerners ... like Bindi and myself will encourage India to nuke a hoard of peasant  homeless refugees .

You have got yourself worked up to a near insane level mate !

if pakistan or syria were in europe or christian, they would get some assistance...

yeah, whatever .... go off on a political rant now .

At least you have exposed yourself here for all to see how crazy it can send ya !

any type of fundamentalism will do this ... and I can tell you - many Muslims that I know DO NOT APPRECIATE this approach when dealing with non Muslims, it effects THEM and their desire to have peace.  I have been told this MANY times ! 

Edited by Nungali

23 minutes ago, Bindi said:

God set my mind against the Koran, so I am the true follower of God, and the one who is actually correct because my mind is gods mind. Simples. 

Or ... mine is , and yours is not ... therefore I have divine right and approval to kill you .... and it will not even be me killing you .... it will be God killing you .

Isn't   'religion'    fun !    :) 

• Thanks 1

I  note how the rant is an attempt to divert what I pointed out about the supposed denial of capitalism  :D 

3 hours ago, terry said:

Of course, I knew you would say this. When moses went out into the desert and opened his heart, he saw god in a burning bush. To the materialist, there was no god, just a cresoste fire. Moses made up the whole thing to retrospectively justify his acts. I can't even mention jesus whose acts are nonsensical and whose personality is a joke. Muhammed pointedly never claimed to do any miracles or be personally divine, exactly the contrary (quran 18:110):

Say [O Prophet]: "I am but a mortal man like all of you. It has been revealed unto me that your God is the One and Only God. Hence, whoever looks forward [with hope and awe] to meeting his Sustainer [on Judgment Day], let him do righteous deeds, and let him not ascribe unto anyone or anything a share in the worship due to his Sustainer!"

It is god who justified mohammed. The inner meaning, the ta'wil, is that there is no muhammed, no terry, no bindi, just god. We are "alone with the alone." (corbin) There is no god but god. The jihad, the holy war, is against one's own nafs, one's own soul or ego or personality or putative liver of life. The fundamental delusion is that there is a world out there and a person in here. The inner meaning of the quran - that is, of god's word - reveals that there is no world out there and no person in here. Your god is one god.

Omar khayyam:

Alike for those who for To-day prepare,
And those that after some To-morrow stare,
A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries
"Fools! your Reward is neither Here nor There.”

Again, I am giving you credit here for being a rational being with a heart and mind that may be reached by truth. Of course, that is giving you way too much credit, so let us try to understand whence comes your racist, xenophobic hatred for all that is good in the world, ie islam. Submission to god.

What would you call the killing of Shias by Sunni’s, and the Shia reprisal killings? Are they Racist or Xenophobic?  Are these killings the will of God? Are all muslims right but some muslims are more right than others? 

3 hours ago, terry said:

The tendency, honestly, is to oppose hatred with hatred. What a bad person you are to deny god and disrespect god's lovers and friends. But... Coming from a medical background, we tend to set aside the moral dimension of evil and treat it as an illness. And you, friend bindi, are not the only person suffering from this illness.

People who feel stuck in a life they hate and are unwilling to take personal responsibility for lifting themselves higher turn to jealousy, envy and hatred to compensate for their inadequacy. Because of this, the average westerner facing a failing and spiritually deadening and unrewarding culture of capitalist growth in a rapidly warming, overpopulated world which won't tolerate it, turns to simple minded hate of change and nostalgia for 'returning to normal' or repeating an idyllic nonexistent past. 

These modern westerners have a totally bankrupt religion and when they look within they see only a chilling emptiness of artificial intelligence and mechanical existence. Unwilling to admit that what is socially acceptable in their culture is utterly unsustainable and bad for them and the planet, unwilling to accept the necessity for change stemming from an imploding way of living, they cast about for someone to vent their negative emotions on in a way that will be accepted by those they slavishly imitate and submit to, their influencers. They are easy prey for people who will stoke any hatred to achieve power. Seeing friends and neighbors succumb to hatred they gleefully give in to base instincts, and deny that anyone has any true religion. They may even become footsoldiers in the culture wars, helping to stoke hatred until one day they find themselves hacking off their neighbors arms and legs with machetes by the millions.

You islamophobes are jealous and envious of people who don't have to hate themselves for being devils. Poor, non-white, religious, subsistence farmers are your real muslims. Your average pious wealthy muslim feels a solidarity with these basic peasant human muslims that you cannot even imagine. The average muslim meets a westerner and wants to talk about religion and is astonished to find that the average so-called christian knows little of their own scriptures and rarely prays. Muslims have a rich deep spiritual life that westerners hate because it exposes their own hypocrisy and pretenses and inner poverty.

The west is destroying the planet in their greed, and the people who want to deny that find islamophobia a handy diversion and route to power. The global war on islam was entirely a power grab by the neocons, an ongoing coup that has destroyed democracy in america and indeed the world and is bringing us tyrants all over the globe.

A dylan says, 

In ceremonies of the horseman,

Even the pawn must hold a grudge.

So, my friend, try thinking for yourself and not being such a tool. And that's not even talking about inner meanings, even the outer meanings are wrong and you should change. Recognize racism, bigotry and hatred and stop supporting them. For your own sake if not ours.

terry

• Like 2

I consider myself a mystic among other things. I wouldn’t say that means I have some supernatural ability and I am also not saying that means I have arrived at some point or have a grip of experiences.

I think the first step is not to separate yourself from what you want to be. Just call yourself that even if it means you are a beginner. From there do what you think a mystic would do. If you think they’d fast, then fast. If you think they’d practice love then do that. For my life I try to follow my excitement knowing that my excitement is more in line with my true and higher self trying to bring the true and higher self in parallel with the physical self. The guidance is from yourself and as you try to do certain things you will learn what does and doesn’t work and what works faster or slower than you thought it would (and it may be specific for you). I think the intent and pursuit by action is important. A car can’t turn down the path it wants if it isn’t moving.

Edited by Frop