dawn90

How Many Energy Centers From Nose To Upper Forehead?

This is what I found up until now.

Feel free to correct me.

There's one near the tip of the nose. Just below the nose bump. There's one on the bump. Then it moves to exactly the nose canal, not quite where most people would put the third eye but just below that; I feel a constant pressure there.

I think it's called officially the root of the nose - just where it starts going up. Then move on upwards there's another point where most I suspect would put the Ajna point, right resting on top of eyebrow level.

I distinguish the two although many would count it as one thing I have found that if I drive energy towards the root of the nose I can't do it through the same passageway to reach Ajna. I have to go through Bindu for that.

One is through Bindu - and crossing over.

And the one below the third eye (the root of the nose) I have to cross over through the neck and throat, and that's how I reach it.

I feel one in the middle of the forehead but I'm not quite sure about that one I found literature confirming it but I'm not sure if it's mistaken with the next point that I have found, through literature, and through experience, to be in the upper part of the forehead in the bony part where the hairline supposedly is.

So this is what I got: one two three four, and five.

I'm not saying all of these are chakras, but energy points that I have found, by myself, and some of them confirmed, through literature.

Between the tip of the nose and the most upper part of the forehead, how many can you count?

I think what I would most like to know is if the root of the nose is one energy center; and the traditional Ajna point is another, because that's how I feel it.

• Like 1

I have the same question more or less, I would like to know more about the point on the hairline. 

In acupucture it's called ShenTing  Du Mai 24, called the courtyard of the spirit

Is it true that the nose represents the lenght of the spinal cord and that Mooladhara is represented at the tip of the nose?

I seem to be confirming this with personal experience. 

Unless people  want to go further into  treatment of various head diseases via acupuncture or acupressure   , there is no need to  do such differentiation ;  for example , what acupuncture point belongs to what meridian and treat what disease ( headache ,  stuffy nose, dizziness ..etc ) . Starting from the eyebrow to the inside of the forehead  , is the so called  upper dantian  people have to pay attention . A mind of differentiation is unlikely  a mind  for  spiritual practice.

Edited by exorcist_1699

There are quite a few functioning as various blends, and how they are projected out from within the head (and internal dimensions) into relationship with the body, our environment, and expressions. There are two major chakras on this line you asked about, a minor chakra, a projected field (tien) and many energy points.

There is of course the third eye which has a lower, middle, and upper aspect. The lower aspect being the bridge of the nose, the middle between the eyebrows, and the upper aspect slightly above that.  The lower aspect connects into regulatory aspects of the pituitary, as well as the central nose cartilage, which itself resonates with the spine. The middle point helps in centering, but awareness in it for most people tends to be in a sensory context of form and identity. The upper one is more free, and what most people mean by the third eye, which itself is the frontal projection or relationship of the ajna in the center of the head towards our subtle environment. The third eye is also a thick bridge of energy from the medulla through the ajna and then to the forehead, where its support is from the medulla. Without that support, its projection does not really form properly, and focusing in the third eye without it (i.e., the integration with body) can sometimes create a mental fire which overloads some of the fine structure (not healthy).

Further up the forehead, but well before the hair line is an exit point where various yogis will project themselves in a sphere at about a 30 degree angle upwards. This is used to help develop the ability to reproduce the body outside of the body starting from a casual, and moving back into and out of the body for nourishing it. There are other ways to do this, and this is only an introduction.

Above that is one of the Soma chakras, which is the next major point above the third eye. It is paired with another Soma chakra typically called the bindu point in upper back of head. These form when the energy from the sahsara forms a circular  drip line around the top of the head becoming moon nectars, and the first expression into subtle form. The Lalana and pituitary are also soma centers, as is the left side of the heart, and aspects of the throat center.

For completeness, there is also a field of subtle substance arcing between outside the two sides of the head (occipitals) through the third eye, but again outside the body. There are five areas within this, which are the central portion, and two on each side. So it is entirely outside the body, but its field comes into the body, and helps stabilize subtle aspects (such as the tan-matras emanating from the upper centers, as well as sun-moon energy). It particularly comes into play with Kechari, and an aspect of the subtle body through the entire body space.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Virochana said:

Above that is one of the Soma chakras, which is the next major point above the third eye. It is paired with another Soma chakra typically called the bindu point in upper back of head. These form when the energy from the sahsara forms a circular  drip line around the top of the head becoming moon nectars, and the first expression into subtle form. The Lalana and pituitary are also soma centers, as is the left side of the heart, and aspects of the throat center.

That is interesting, could you perchance point me to a source with a bit more information on this?