Sign in to follow this  
centertime

looking for a book about tibet

Hello,

Somebody suggested a book about Tibet in here but I cannot find the topic again.

The book was about tibet history, magic, reincarnation...etc

Can you give me suggestions?

Here is some stories.

Before the Chinese invasion, the statue started bleeding that indicated that Tibet would disappear as an independent country.

- One religious leader reincarnated as an animal and this was unexpected.

- they stored scriptures in another dimension, which was retrieved by someone at sometime... It was hot it was brought back.

-one leader foresaw that someone was going to build a building ...so he suggested that he should not put his building there if he wanted it to stay.

-Chinese made a temporary government and paid everybody for participation, later they were executed.

-A lot of scriptures were destroyed.

- Some people saved some precious scriptures.

- Government officials did not take Chinese invasion seriously.

Centertime

Edited by centertime

Just now, EFreethought said:

Not to be flip, but don't most books about Tibet deal with magic and reincarnation?

It is also about tibet history

I recall having several conversations here regarding two books.  One about Tibetan magic and the other about high level teachings.  They were both written by Alexandra David-Neel; who traveled to Tibet in 1924 (while Tibet was officially closed to outsiders).  She was the first Western woman to travel to Lhasa.  Not only was she allowed to stay in Tibet instead of being kicked out which was the norm; when her level of accomplishment was realized, they gave her robes and a formal name, which then gave her access to any monestary in the land and the respect that comes with the title.

She befriended and eventually formally adopted a young lama as her son and together they traveled Tibet, China and Japan for the next two decades.  A truly inspiring woman.  Though they're probably not the books you were thinking of, I highly recommend them.

Magic and Mystery in Tibet and  Secret Oral Teachings in Tibetan Buddhist Sects

The second book in particular, was remarkably potent for me.  Tight, short, concise, the effect of reading it was like dropping a large stone in a deep pool.  It left a profound and lasting resonance in awareness.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this