Sign in to follow this  
Seeking

The existential philosophy of Sylvester Stallone

A lot of people think this guy is a dumb meathead. That is generally because they missed so much of the nuance at play and couldn't see what was right in front of their face the whole time. This video of him recutting Rocky IV and reminiscing on the Heros Tale of Rocky and how it relates to the average man in street may change your mind:

Either way its worth a watch as this quote illustrates:

"Nothing is perfect. Life is about the management of problems. And whoever manages their problems the best, has the best life."

• Like 2

I learned more in life from simpletons than highly-cultured intellectual thinkers.

Stallone is cool. Fire Horse likes Fire Dog. :)

My respect for him went up when I learned he conceived and wrote the script for Rocky. 

Most actor's look good saying other's words.  That's relatively simple to do.

To craft the words and characters requires another skill set that I admire.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 7:43 AM, silent thunder said:

My respect for him went up when I learned he conceived and wrote the script for Rocky. 

Most actor's look good saying other's words.  That's relatively simple to do.

To craft the words and characters requires another skill set that I admire.

I tried a little acting in college, helping theater/film friends with projects. Acting for me was FAR tougher than expected, especially on film. A little easier in front of an audience.

2 hours ago, steve said:

I tried a little acting in college, helping theater/film friends with projects. Acting for me was FAR tougher than expected, especially on film. A little easier in front of an audience.

Few things in my life were as natural.  It was like being home, whereas writing... it ways feels somewhat unfinished, no matter how many revisions.

Sign in to follow this