Sign in to follow this  
nine tailed fox

Issues after doing a certain sadhana

Hello guys

I did a sadhana from the internet where I chanted two Buddhist mantras over third eye and heart center

I did it intensely for around an hour daily for may be an year

It was really doing something with energy, but it also caused me various issues like feeling I will loose mind, I will loose control , always feeling shortness of breath and pressure in third eye area

I would be grateful if somebody could help me or guide me to someone who can help me

Because of these issues I can't seem to able to do any sadhana of any kind because it seems like any kind of sadhana increases these symptoms

1 hour ago, nine tailed fox said:

I did a sadhana from the internet where I chanted two Buddhist mantras over third eye and heart center

Which Sadhana? Is it online somewhere we could examine it? Have you contacted your Sadhana teacher and asked for help?

I would be grateful if somebody could help me or guide me to someone who can help me

@freeform can provide some help, I would figure. In the meanwhile stop all internal practice and enjoy ordinary life with long walks in nature and helping other people whenever possible.

You can seek opinions on Dharmawheel.net also, but I'm not sure how well they know and may give help about yogic sickness.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, virtue said:

In the meanwhile stop all internal practice and enjoy ordinary life with long walks in nature and helping other people whenever possible.

That's probably the best advice for the moment.

Because of these issues I can't seem to able to do any sadhana of any kind because it seems like any kind of sadhana increases these symptoms

Yeah - it's like carving out a river bed - whatever the water you give it now, whether rain, snow or spring water, they will all flow in the same way.

So nothing meditative or energetic for a while.

Long walks in nature are great - and so is more brisk exercise and stretching. This will help to smooth out the 'riverbed', and allow you to get back to equilibrium.

What's happened is that you've gotten energy stuck in the head and heart. It could be because the practice you learned is made up, or it is taught out of context (for instance you haven't done some foundational work that would make it safe and effective) - or you've simply done it wrong (using strong intention and being forceful with your focus for instance).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this