thelerner

Collecting Unexpected Consequences

Thought I'd make a thread for people to record unexpected consequences of things going on in the world.  

NASA is delaying the launch of some satellites* because of Covid.  Oxygen is in such high demand (due to Covid) that they don't want to take so much O2 off the market.  

**At a space conference last week, SpaceX President and COO Gwynne Shotwell said, “We certainly are going to make sure the hospitals are going to have the oxygen that they need” for Covid patients. But if anyone has some liquid oxygen lying around their basement, “Send me an email."

That would be 'current events'   wouldn't it ?

More  kabuli palaw  available  ?  

Spoiler
Spoiler

You see what I did there  ?   ....

palaw  .....current events     ......        B)

badc6445308c185c797fd9ee7d4a2f30.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 1

Unexpected consequence of the Taliban being able to contain their anger at the Americans as they assist them in leaving the country.  

Surprising maturity for the Taliban as so many of them are so young.  

• Confused 1

Its like you want to punish some arsehole for doing burnouts in their car on your front lawn , by letting their tyres down .... but that would just stop them from leaving .

" I will help you pack your bags and carry them out to the taxi for you  ."       -   what a 'nice' man .   ;) 

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Its like you want to punish some arsehole for doing burnouts in their car on your front lawn , by letting their tyres down .... but that would just stop them from leaving .

" I will help you pack your bags and carry them out to the taxi for you  ."       -   what a 'nice' man .   ;) 

I totally agree.  I was surprised that the young ones were able to contain themselves.