mewtwo

feng shui practitioner for real?

How do you tell if a feng shui consultant actualy know feng shui or has just read some books and are doing it by the seat of there pants? Take me for example I could say i know feng shui but all i have ever done was read and memorize books on the subject all from the same school but I have never been to a formal class, so in my thinking if I have not been to a formal class I cant say I know feng shui.

Edited by mewtwo

Like anything else you need references. I know that the best ones can make $120,000/hr in Hong Kong the average corperate cost is +$10,000/hr. The reals ones also serve an apprenticeship for years with a master. Its like anything else like youi can read a book on Tai Chi and start a class and nobody will really know the difference until a real taijiquan person comes to call.

Initially most capital cities of China were built following Feng Shui principles, namely the traditional system also called asterism Yingshi. That was when China was still a healthy country living in harmony following the Tao.

Those who charge that much are just a bunch of thieves. Any wandering Taoist would give you that consultation for free, problem is to find one. :(

Initially most capital cities of China were built following Feng Shui principles, namely the traditional system also called asterism Yingshi. That was when China was still a healthy country living in harmony following the Tao.

That may have been about more than 300yrs ago. And even then, not every one cultivated. Not every Chinese person cultivates, or even cares for cultivating the way. It was only a few out of the whole flock who stepped away from the norm, and found the profound, not the society as a whole.

( paragraph removed for improper information)

Some people live by cultivating the way, while others don't. Its the same as it has always been. It is a misnomer to think that China had a full on civilization where everyone was "in line" with the will of heaven. Only a few were...a small majority.

More like during the time of Shen Nong Huang Di , way before Qin Shi Huang, did the people really follow wholesome ways, but that was only in a small area, not the whole coutry we know as China now. There were many kings in old old old China. The warring states period was about several parts of what is known as China now a days, fighting for control of each other. Qin Shi Huang took them all , and his reign ended very quickly, about 11 yrs...no one killed him.. he just died.

Karma for ya....killing so many people just for control, and BANG there goes your dynasty.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

:D

Edited by 林愛偉

Guest allan

Even when Confucious was around, no one cared so much, and he was killed by the emperor at the time, which I believe was Qin Shi Huang. It was only after he died were his teaching heard and followed, and still not every one did so.

Confucius was well respected or held in awe by several rulers of states for his cultivation and deep knowledge of the ancients, humanity, the arts, history, rituals, etc. Several of his students became advisers and/or ministers to these rulers during his lifetime and after his death. According to the Records of the Historian (Shiji), Confucius died of illness at the age of seventy three in 479 BC.

Qin Shi Huang was born two hundred twenty years later.

If students are interested in ancient Chinese history, they can read the Book of History (Shujing), Spring and Autumn Annals (Chun Chiu) and the Shiji.

Confucius was well respected or held in awe by several rulers of states for his cultivation and deep knowledge of the ancients, humanity, the arts, history, rituals, etc. Several of his students became advisers and/or ministers to these rulers during his lifetime and after his death. According to the Records of the Historian (Shiji), Confucius died of illness at the age of seventy three in 479 BC.

Qin Shi Huang was born two hundred twenty years later.

If students are interested in ancient Chinese history, they can read the Book of History (Shujing), Spring and Autumn Annals (Chun Chiu) and the Shiji.

That is so odd. From where I received the information I posted was from "scholars" out here in china.

They must have been too tired that day.

I took that paragraph out of the post due to the information being improper. Thanks for the proper information.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Guest allan

That is so odd. From where I received the information I posted was from "scholars" out here in china.

They must have been too tired that day.

I took that paragraph out of the post due to the information being improper. Thanks for the proper information.

Peace,

Lin

Do not worry too much. Even historians from elite institutions in the UK had stumbled when they dealt with Han history, by publicly declaring that Confucians shaped that administration. They had totally ignored the fact that prominent Daoists were also in the top echelons of the Han Court at the time who were equally influential on the Emperors.

If everyone can provide the correct answers, we would not need Laozi, Confucius and Buddha to show us the Way! Neither would students need to be earnest and sincere to become first class scholars, or a lamp unto ourselves.

Cheerio!