I've been curious about Joe Lok and his proprietary qigong styles for a few years now but haven't put in the time to learn yet. Curious if anyone else has studied his Phoenix Qigong. 

Or his most recent Immortals Crossing the Sea form.

He seems like a fascinating chap with a solid background in internal arts. Wondering if anyone with an experienced eye would be willing to offer their view.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the beauty, grace and simplicity of the movements. I'm looking for a shorter flowing set, and this might be it. I've tried to play along with the youtube video and really like it. I am thinking to invest in learning his qigong set. How are you doing? Have you practiced his material?

• Like 1

It is more of a style of Taichi Chi Gong, a disciple of Master Lok has the Phoenix Qigong course on Udemy at a lower price than the one offered by Joe Lok on his website, I have practiced his form and the sensations of calm, grace, and relaxation they are quite noticeable. And it starts with an initial position of Wuji.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of yet I'm learning the form from the above video, mirrored and slowed down. It's going nicely! There is also a woman, a student of Joe Lok, on his channel showing some of the moves individually.

I'm curious if buying his or the other resources can add (much) to the practice.

• Like 1

I purchased the Phoenix Qigong course from Udemy and it is necessary to have it in order to get the full overview of the exercises.
Otherwise it would never have occurred to me that the initial starting position is Wuji and I would not have been able to understand the subtle changes of each movement in the energy system either.
In the same way, knowing the forms has allowed me to slow down my practice to be able to experience with greater force the calm and the sensation of soft relaxation of each exercise.
It is also encouraging to know how there are real stories of healing.
I think that imitating the slow movement of the trees gently swayed by the wind has given me the simile to copy the slowness in each shape.

• Like 2