Toni

Anterior pelvic tilt (and other pelvis misalignments)

Only when you practice the two you'll find out why...as I did.

Find out for yourself.

Same I was told when I attended Vipassana retreat: no taking to anyone, no reading books or sutras, meditate in silence for 3 weeks under your teacher's supervision. Of course I broke all those rules. Your own Mind is your greatest adversary and it will trick you all the time. 

Ditto for Bagua. Practice in depth and you'll understand the whole thing while you are slowly removing body-mind blockages.

To give you a rough idea of what is involved with the practice of this art:

http://www.internalintent.com

https://www.internalartsinternational.com/ba-gua-zhang/

*Edit: I think this reading would help you understand what is really going on.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g5phfbrb8jz8979/Bagua%2C_life_and_the_mind.pdf/file

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

thanks, I have found that near where I live there is a person teaching bagua zhang, and only one I think! Last year I tried tai chi for 4 months and I didn't like it. I will give bagua a try.

Good stuff! :).,..and lucky you got having someone nearby; some people had to travel across the globe to learn the art.

Some initial advice:

"Learning to walk the circle is going to be challenging as it's something you haven't done before. But persist and you'll pick it up. Some practitioners won't go past this stage. I have seen it happening but it is the single most important thing of Bagua."

Feel free too ask anything you like if you decide to continue this path for the rest of your life. PM if you prefer.

Good luck.

Edited by Gerard

It activates, moves and opens everything (blood, Qi, bone, marrow, tendons & sinews) due to the forces it generates which are pretty in line with Taoist philosophical and medical (TCM) principles:

1. Balancing/harmonising: Earth

2. Rising: Fire

3. Expanding: Wood

4. Contracting: Metal

5. Sinking: Water

It also expels toxins generated by stagnation, excessive thinking and poor diet and lifestyle habits. Phlegm and dampness removal is something Bagua is good at. You'll lose a lot of weight if you practice he art deeply.

Constant movement and change  is the heart of Taoism. This is the basic premise of Bagua circle walking.

• Like 1

Check out neurokinetic therapy to better understand the connections in your body that are creating these issues with your pelvis. Likely related to your jaw or feet imbalancing your system. There are other systems and explanations along the same lines of course, but this one seems good with explaining things.

In my opinion a lot of the common types of advice for these issues on this board and in alternative circles will fail to solve the fundamental balance that post modern people have biomechanically and otherwise. Its not because certain ancient systems are inherently bad advice or tactics, its just that they could not have anticipated that in the 20th century we would be at the peak of an evolutionary problem with our faces and jaws. We are in the midst of a black swan event that has been coalescing very very slowly and silently since the dawning of the agrarian age. 20th century life has pushed things past the precipice and many people are suffering as a result unknowningly.

Edited by daojones
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, daojones said:

Check out neurokinetic therapy to better understand the connections in your body that are creating these issues with your pelvis. Likely related to your jaw or feet imbalancing your system. There are other systems and explanations along the same lines of course, but this one seems good with explaining things.

In my opinion a lot of the common types of advice for these issues on this board and in alternative circles will fail to solve the fundamental balance that post modern people have biomechanically and otherwise. Its not because certain ancient systems are inherently bad advice or tactics, its just that they could not have anticipated that in the 20th century we would be at the peak of an evolutionary problem with our faces and jaws. We are in the midst of a black swan event that has been coalescing very very slowly and silently since the dawning of the agrarian age. 20th century life has pushed things past the precipice and many people are suffering as a result unknowningly.

Interesting. And what do u think is the problem with the jaw today ?

Theres a movement thats been around for a long time, but its finally getting mainstream attention.

Here is one side of the story: https://onezero.medium.com/our-skulls-are-out-evolving-us-and-that-could-mean-a-public-health-crisis-f950faed696d

Kind of the classic story. Western diet screws up the body and is bad for you. But in this case its something thats been going on very slowly since we switched to a softer diet 10,000+ years ago. Jaws not growing big enough because the muscles dictate bone growth, and the muscles are not being exercised enough at a young age because its chewing on easy peasy soft soft food. Theres other factors as well like tongue posture. Anyhow, one consequence of this is the jaw isn't big enough for all the teeth! Hence mass extractions of wisdom teeth, and bicuspids for some - which is really dangerous and bicuspid extractions still happen but not as popular as it used to be. Anyhow, the 'science' says facial growth is 100% genetically determined and thus all the charlatans practicing dentistry and surgery of the face are free to butcher people based on this idea, which is obviously not a scientific fact. This is a pretty huge rabbit hole. So many health issues related to it from neuro, to breathing, to biomechanical. Mass amounts of sleep apnea going on...hmm I wonder why! These idiots operate on people's mouths with the sole concern of making sure teeth are occluding at the cost of anything and everything...and its so goddam obvious that ya you are going to effect people's breathing when you make that hole smaller that goes into the neck, but so it goes.
5f820fdb84e21_ScreenShot2020-10-10at9_31_25AM.png.cebbba61f8022c3cc168f1f45221c449.png
The other side of the story is the biomechanical relations going on and its just the classic situation medical institutions being complete shitheads and digging their heads in the sand. Fascia was only discovered in the mid 20th century and its covers the whole body like a matrix...

• Like 1