Frax

Its been a while

Hello! I'm happy to see how big this community is growing. So a little about myself- I stumbled onto this website about 10 years ago while searching down the moi pai rabbit hole. Long story short I have been casually learning and practicing basic techniques for about 10 years but with no physical breakthroughs, elsewhere in life I'm very happy and have come far in many ways since the onset. At my core I know there is more to the human experience, outside of a handful mystic expierinces I am unsatisfied with my baseline state and the long term achievement would be to have a higher degree of certainty about our universe. One thing I have come to discover over the years is the importance of people and humanity, we can only go so far alone but together we have unbelievable reach. In saying that I thought I could teach my self, but I know now that I am looking for someone. Who it is I'm not sure but for a long time I thought I might find them here. I know this is a introductory post but I'm curious to know if there would be any serious individual who is passionate about sharing and would be willing to coach and grow with me. My idea is much like a gym partner except the exercise is spiritual attainment. I think my path is through meditative breathing and psychological satori but I think postures can be additively beneficial of which I haven't practiced properly and no little about.  Anyway I think everyone seeking a path is beautiful thing and I applauded you all. Keep growing out there, try and change the world in a fantastic way. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join click on [Reveal hidden contents] give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome, Good to have you onboard.  You seem like a wonderfully positive person.

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Hello @Frax,

It's nice to meet you, I hope you find what you're looking for. 

Best wishes,

Daniel

On 30/07/2020 at 10:40 PM, Frax said:

I know this is a introductory post but I'm curious to know if there would be any serious individual who is passionate about sharing and would be willing to coach and grow with me. My idea is much like a gym partner except the exercise is spiritual attainment.

How many hours per week are you prepared to devote to meditation?

For how many years are you prepared to persevere?

☮️